Slow cooker ground chicken chili is an amazingly easy and delicious recipe. Full of the flavors of traditional chili, this dish does not require that the meat be cooked in advance. This makes it the ultimate "toss and go" dish!
This is my favorite of all chili recipes. It has earned this coveted(ish) position because of one fact only: There is no need to cook the ground chicken first!!!
Unlike ground beef chili, you can toss this dish together without cooking anything in advance! Nothing excites me more than not having to wash an extra dish!! 😊
Of course, like so many chili slow cooker recipes, it is DELICIOUS. Giving this dish the added bonus of being able to please the whole family. Perfect for everything from super busy days to that big game day!
To make this amazing slow cooker chicken chili recipe, you will need:
- ground chicken*
- diced tomatoes - with all liquid
- black beans* - canned, rinsed and drained
- kidney beans* - canned, rinsed and drained
- corn kernels - frozen or canned
- tomato sauce
- onion - diced
- chilies - diced
- chili seasoning (see homemade recipe below)
- your favorite chili toppings
To start this easy chicken chili, spray your slow cooker with olive oil or non-stick cooking spray. Place uncooked, ground chicken into your slow cooker and break it up a bit.
Add in remaining ingredients, stir to combine, cover and cook.
That's it!!! An easy dump and go meal that is actually a delicious, healthy dinner!
This slow cooker chili is delicious served so many different ways. You can top if off with all of your usual chili favorites.
A dollop of sour cream, diced onion, sliced green onions and diced green chilis all make great toppings. Some shredded cheddar cheese is also great melted on top.
I particularly love to serve this one in a scooped-out bread bowl. Fun and yummy! Cornbread is the perfect sidekick as is a crunchy garden salad.
This chili recipe is absolutely delicious eaten with a handful of corn chips or scooped up with tortilla chips.
- Unlike Bean Free Chili and Classic Chili, the chili seasoning in this one has a little heat. That is because the hatch chili powder is a little spicier. If you are super sensitive to heat (as I am) be sure to use a mild chili powder.
- Not a fan of red chili sauce, then chicken white chili is for you!
- Ground beef or ground turkey can both be used in place of ground chicken in this recipe. However, they must be cooked and drained of excess fat prior to adding them to your slow cooker.
- Dark red kidney beans are usually the chili beans of choice. However, this non-traditional chili dish can also be made with pinto beans or light kidney beans.
- Do you prefer a spicier chili? Turn up the heat level by adding some chopped green chili peppers, red pepper flakes, or hot sauce.
If you love this recipe, please let me know in the comment section below!
Store leftover chili in an airtight container or zipper top bag. It will last 3-4 days in the refrigerator or 4-6 months when frozen. Storing in meal-sized portions makes for easy future reheat-and-eat meals.
😉Hints & hacks
- This great chili recipe is perfect for busy nights. It can stay on the warm setting in your slow cooker for quite a while without becoming overcooked. Perfect for when your people will be eating at different times.
- I always recommend the use of a slow cooker liner. Of course, this is an optional step. I like to purchase my liners in bulk for a less expensive per-piece price.
- In the market for a new slow cooker? I love mine!
- Like all chicken recipes, ground chicken is considered safe to eat when it reached an internal temperature of 165℉.
- Don't forget to turn on (and plug-in!) your slow cooker!!
YES! This easy dish is perfect for advanced meal prep. Just mix all the ingredients together in a zip top bag and store in the fridge. The next morning, just toss it in your slow cooker.
Ground chicken is super easy to make on your own! Cut boneless chicken breasts into chunks and freeze for 20-30 minutes. Place frozen chunks into a food processor and pulse until the chicken is ground (but not pureed).
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases and affiliate links.
Slow Cooker Ground Chicken Chili
- measuring cups and spoons
- non-stick cooking spray
- 1 - 1.5 lbs ground chicken
- 28 oz can diced tomatoes with all liquid
- 15 oz can black beans rinsed and drained
- 15 oz can kidney beans rinsed and drained
- 1.5 cups corn kernels frozen or canned
- 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 cups onion diced
- 7 oz can chilies diced
- ¾ cup chili seasoning see homemade recipe below
- 4 tablespoon hatch chili powder
- 1.5 tablespoon cumin
- 1.5 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cilantro
- add all seasonings to a bowl and stir to combine4 tablespoon hatch chili powder, 1.5 tablespoon cumin, 1.5 teaspoon smoked paprika, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon onion powder, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon black pepper, 1 teaspoon cilantro
- spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray of choice
- add uncooked ground chicken to slow cooker and use a spatula to break it up1 - 1.5 lbs ground chicken
- add all remaining ingredients to slow cooker and stir well to fully combine28 oz can diced tomatoes, 15 oz can black beans, 15 oz can kidney beans, 1.5 cups corn kernels, 15 oz can tomato sauce, 1 cups onion, 7 oz can chilies, ¾ cup chili seasoning
- cover and cook on low for 6 - 8 hours.
- serve and enjoy!
Check out my latest on Instagram
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
I'M IN!! SIGN ME UP FOR OCCASIONAL EMAILS FROM THE LAZY SLOW COOKER!
This was amazing! So good!