This delicious slow cooker chili has no beans but is filled with corn, tomatoes, and, tons of flavor. It is so thick, hearty, and satisfying even bean lovers won't miss a thing!
It is one of those age-old debates: should chili have beans? Ask 100 people and odds are 50 will say yes and 50 will say no. Personally, I like it both ways!
Number Three just flat out does not like beans. For years I watched her pick out the beans, eat around the beans or just play with her chili. However, since the entire family loves chili, I decided it was time for a delicious, beanless chili recipe.
Lots of ground beef, wine-infused sauce, tomatoes, and corn kernels make this a thick, hearty, delicious meal. Bean lovers won't even notice the beanless-ness of this slow cooker recipe.
However, if you prefer your chili with beans, don't worry. There are plenty of slow cooker recipes for that! Classic chili made with ground beef, steak chili, and shredded chicken chili all have beans! There is literally no such thing as too many kinds of homemade chili recipes!
📝Shopping listJump to recipe card for exact details
To make this delicious slow cooker beef chili you will need:
- Browned ground beef - Extra lean ground beef is my preference.
- Green bell pepper - chopped
- Onion - chopped
- Diced Tomatoes - canned, with all juices
- Tomato Sauce
- Corn - whole kernel, drained can
- Red wine
- Chili Seasoning - homemade or store-bought both work (see below for my homemade version)
🥣How to make crockpot chili without beans
Start by spraying your slow cooker with a non-stick spray or lining it with a slow cooker liner.
You can cook your ground beef stovetop in a skillet over medium heat if you like. Once it is fully cooked, be sure to drain away any grease prior to adding it to your slow cooker.
Side Note: I prefer to purchase ground meat in bulk and brown it all at one time in my slow cooker. I then freeze the cooked beef in recipe-sized portions. This way I am not only getting the beef for a better price per pound, I always have some on hand for recipes like this one.
Next, add the remaining ingredients to crock pot and stir to combine. Cover and cook this easy chili recipe on low for 6-8 hours. Cooking on low heat for an extended time allows the flavors to meld into the BEST chili recipe ever!
My favorite way to serve this chili is in a bread or tortilla bowl. It is also great with a side of rice, cauliflower rice, or mashed cauliflower. I love serving a big bowl of chili with nachos too!
Shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, and some chopped fresh cilantro make for favorite chili toppings. Chopped green chiles and green onions are also great toppers that taste delicious when combined with all the chili seasonings.
This bean free chili is also perfect served with hot dogs to make awesome chili dogs! And corn spoon bread is the perfect sidekick!
Storing chili leftovers
Leftover chili stores really well in the refrigerator or freezer. It will last 3-4 days in the refrigerator or 4-6 months when frozen. Storing meal sized portions in an airtight container or bag makes for easy future grab-and-go meals.
😉Hints & hacks
- The lack of beans in this simple chili makes it a great recipe for those following a keto diet.
- This chili without beans is intentionally mild. To make it hotter, add a diced hot chili pepper with all other ingredients before cooking.
- Hate cutting veggies? Both onions and peppers are available pre-cut in the market. They are often in the fresh vegetable section but are more economical purchased in the frozen vegetable section.
- This is a perfect meal for days when your people will be eating at different times. After the cooking time, turn your slow cooker to warm. (Or have it automatically switch to warm if your slow cooker has this feature). Everyone can have a hot and filling meal, no matter what time they are ready to eat.
- I always recommend the use of a slow cooker liner. Of course, this is an optional step. I like to purchase my liners in bulk for a less expensive per-piece price.
- In the market for a new slow cooker? I love mine!
Absolutely! In fact, if you use a lean ground turkey, you don't even need to brown it first. It can cook right in your slow cooker along with all the other ingredients. Turkey edamame chili is another of the very many delicious slow cooker chili recipes without beans.
Yes! black beans and/or red kidney beans can easily be added to turn this into a "with bean" chili recipe
Yes, if you prefer not to cook with wine, feel free to swap it with ½ cup of beef stock.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases and affiliate links.
Lazy Slow Cooker Chili - No Beans
- Knife and cutting board
- 2 lbs browned ground beef
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 1 small chopped - onion
- 2 14.5 oz can diced tomato I like to use at least one can of tomatoes with roasted onion and garlic for extra flavor. I addition, I include all the juice in the can as well.
- 1 15 oz can plain tomato sauce
- 1 15.25 oz can whole kernel corn drained
- ½ cup red wine not sweet
- ⅔ cup Chili seasoning (which is generally 2 packets of remade chili seasoning, if you prefer not to make your own) see below
- ½ cup chili powder
- ¼ cup cumin
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Place 2lbs of Browned Ground Beef.2 lbs browned ground beef
- Add remaining ingredients and chili seasoning into slow cooker1 green pepper chopped, 1 small chopped - onion, 2 14.5 oz can diced tomato, 1 15 oz can plain tomato sauce, 1 15.25 oz can whole kernel corn, ⅔ cup Chili seasoning (which is generally 2 packets of remade chili seasoning, if you prefer not to make your own)
- Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours
- add all ingredients to a bowl and stir to combine½ cup chili powder, ¼ cup cumin, 1 tablespoon garlic powder, 2 teaspoon smoked paprika, 1 tablespoon onion powder
Check out my latest on Instagram
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
I'M IN!! SIGN ME UP FOR OCCASIONAL EMAILS FROM THE LAZY SLOW COOKER!
Leave a Reply