This crockpot classic chili recipe is the easiest way to make a traditional favorite. Just toss the ingredients into your slow cooker and let them simmer away all day to produce a thick and flavorful favorite meal.
I heard a rumor once that there are people out there who don't like chili. I refuse to believe it! There are so many variations of this classic dish, there just has to be a chili for every preference. What is that, you say? You don't like beans? Bean free chili recipes abound. You don't eat red meat or beans? We have got you covered. Chicken chili and turkey chili options are great. The list goes on and on.
But sometimes, all you want is an easy, traditional chili. This easy recipe is for those times!
How To Make This Easy Chili Recipe
The most labor intensive part of this recipe is browning the ground beef. I am so lazy, that I even do that part in my slow cooker prior to starting this chili recipe (this is how I do it). After the beef is browned and ready to go, just add in some canned beans, diced tomato, tomato sauce, onion, seasonings and red wine. Give it all a good stir and leave your crockpot to handle the rest.
Delicious Chili Hints and Hacks
- Classic chili freezes really well. I like to freeze leftovers in meal sized containers for easy reheat and eat meals.
- There are lots of creative ways to serve this delicious chili recipe. In addition to serving in a bowl topped with sour cream and cheese, some other options include: chili stuffed potatoes, chili dogs (chili served on top of a hot dog) and chili bread bowls ( made by slicing the top off of a round roll and scooping out the insides)
- This is a great dish if your people will be eating at different times. After the cooking time, turn your slow cooker to low and everyone can have a warm and filling meal, no matter what time they are ready to eat.
- This slow cooker recipe calls for chopped onions. To keep things as lazy as possible, I purchase these pre-cut. They are very inexpensive and generally readily available in the frozen vegetable section of your grocery store. This saves a lot of tears!
- I always recommend the use of a slow cooker liner. Of course, this is an optional step. I like to purchase my liners in bulk for a less expensive per-piece price. Here are the liners I buy.
- In the market for a new slow cooker? Here is the one I am currently lusting after.
Lazy Slow Cooker Classic Chili
- 4 qt slow cooker or larger
- slow cooker liner (optional)
- measuring cups and spoons
- Mixing Spoon
- 2 lbs Browned ground beef I prefer to use the leanest I can get
- 2 15oz cans beans I use one red kidney bean and 1 pinto bean
- 2 14.5 oz cans diced tomato and liquid
- 1 15oz can tomato sauce
- 1 cup chopped onion frozen is great!
- ⅔ cup chili seasoning (homemade or store made both work) see notes below for delicious, homemade chili seasoning
- ½ cup dry red wine
- Add browned ground beef and all other ingredients into slow cooker
- Cook on low 8-10 hours (preferred) or 4-5 on high
- Yep, thats it!
- 4 tablespoon chili powder
- 1.5 tablespoon cumin
- 1.5 teaspoon Smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cilantro
Check Out Our Facebook Page For More Slow Cooker Recipes!!
Check out my latest on Instagram