Sweet and satisfying slow cooker peach cobbler. Fresh peaches baked with a delicious cake-like topping. Perfect served warm with a scoop of ice cream or cold with whipped topping!
Peaches! The word itself sounds sweet and juicy, This delicious fruit is so good on its own we don't really need to embellish it. But, we will! We will bake with it, grill it, puree it, freeze it, and more.
And, if we are doing all that, why not bring a slow cooker into the mix and let those juicy and wonderful orbs slow cook into an even greater dish? I don't know about you, but count me in!
What Is A Cobbler?
Cobblers and crumbles and crisps - oh my! Since I have never really fully understood what differentiates the three, I decided to do a little research. Basically, what makes this dish a cobbler (rather than a crisp or a crumble) is that it has a baked fruit bottom layer and is topped with a biscuit or cake-like layer. If you are interested in more detail, click here for an intricate article explaining the differences.
How To Make This Easy Crockpot Recipe
Making this recipe involves cutting and mixing. Two skills that, thankfully, don't require any advanced culinary training. To start, you will need to gather the following ingredients:
Exact quantities and detailed instructions can be found in the Recipe Card at the bottom of this post.
- fresh peaches
- brown sugar
- lemon juice
- agave nectar
- baking powder
It's a seemingly long list, but most items are pantry staples or refrigerator basics. The recipe is then made in two parts: the peaches and the topping.
Start by lining your slow cooker with a slow cooker liner or parchment paper. Both are optional but will make for a much easier clean-up. Peel and slice the peaches directly into your slow cooker. Add brown sugar, sugar, agave nectar, and lemon juice on top of the peaches. Stir and cover. Set your slow cooker to high and let the peaches get started while you work on the next step.
The Topping (Cobbler)
In a separate bowl, add your dry ingredients: flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon, and mix them. Add milk, vanilla, and melted butter (that has been allowed to cool slightly). Stir all together until well mixed. Use a rubber spatula to spread the mixture over top of the peaches in slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 2.5 - 3 hours, until cobber is fully set.
If you love this recipe, please let me know in the comment section below!
Slow Cooker Cobbler Serving Suggestions
There is no wrong way to serve this amazing peach cobbler dessert. It is wonderful served hot, right out of the slow cooker with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Not an ice cream fan, but love chocolate? Drizzle some semi-sweet chocolate syrup over your warm cobbler. Prefer it at room temperature? Try adding whipped cream and sprinkles! Oh - and let's not forget that is delicious just as it is. Bottom line: don't expect leftovers!!
Hints & Hacks
- This is a great way to use up over-ripe peaches or those that are just about to go bad. It is fine to cut away any bruised spots and use the remainder of the peach for this dish!
- You will know the dish is finished when you can gently push down on the middle and have it spring back into shape. If you come away with dough on your finger, just let it cook a little longer (be very careful - it will be HOT at this point)
- Although any vanilla extract will work, there is just something extra about pure vanilla extract and the amazing flavor it adds.
- I always recommend the use of a slow cooker liner. This is, of course, an optional step. I like to purchase my liners in bulk for a less expensive per-piece price.
- In the market for a new slow cooker? I love mine!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases and affiliate links.
Lazy Slow Cooker Peach Cobbler
- 4qt or larger slow cooker
- measuring cups and spoons
- Mixing Spoon
- crockpot liner or parchment paper (optional)
- Rubber spatula
Peach Layer (bottom)
- 7-8 medium peaches, skin removed and cut in slices about 4 cups of peaches
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup agave
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
Cobbler Layer (topping)
- 1 cup flour
- ¾ cup milk I use skim
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup melted butter cooled slightly
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- place slow cooker liner (if using) or parchment paper into slow cooker vessel
- peel and cut peaches and place in slow cooker
- add brown sugar, sugar, agave and lemon juice and stir
- turn slow cooker to low and cover allowing peaches to heat up while you work on topping
- mix flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon together
- add in milk and vanilla and stir
- add cooled melted butter and stir well to mix
- spoon over fruit in slow cooker and smooth out to form a solid layer
- cover and cook 2½-3 hours or until topping is set.
- serve warm with ice cream or allow to cool and serve