These fudgy, gooey slow cooker chocolate strawberry brownies are easy to make and decadently indulgent. The strawberries add a burst of sweetness while the chocolate brings a rich, satisfying flavor to the mix. It is just perfect served warm right out of the slow cooker!
Craving a warm, gooey dessert that's easy to make and guaranteed to please? You have come to the right place to make your taste buds dance! This insanely wonderful dessert recipe is filled with decadent strawberry flavor along with the fudgy texture of spoonable slow cooker brownies.
To make these easy strawberry brownies, you will need these simple ingredients available in any grocery store:
- brownie box mix
- strawberry pie filling
- butter - melted
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
Just four simple ingredients and you have the perfect strawberry brownies recipe for Valentine's Day (or any day!). The perfect fudgy brownies for all chocolate lovers and strawberry lovers alike. If you are not a strawberry fan, try banana chocolate chip brownies, peach cobbler or apple pie pie filling.
This great recipe just involves a few simple steps:
Preparing your slow cooker
Prepare your slow cooker by coating it in a non-stick agent. Any nonstick cooking spray or oil will work. Olive oil and avocado oil are my go-to coatings.
NOTE: some slow cooker inserts come with a nonstick surface. Use of a non-stick agent is still suggested. However, oil is sometimes recommended rather than spray to protect the longevity of the non-stick surface. Check the manual for your slow cooker if you have any concerns.
Alternatively, you can choose to use a slow cooker liner.
I am not a fan of the term dump cake. But it is the perfect way to sum up how easy it is to make this amazing dessert.
🍓The first step is to melt the butter (microwave is laziest, but stove top works too).
🍓Use a large mixing bowl (not the crock pot bowl) to mix together the melted butter and brownie mix. Fully combine it until the brownie mix has the consistency of cake batter. This should be easy to do - no hand mixer needed!
🍓Next, place your strawberry pie filling into your slow cooker and spread it in an even layer.
🍓Add brownie mix into slow cooker and spread into an even layer over strawberries
🍓Sprinkle the top with chocolate chips
🍓Cover slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- Mix brownie batter with melted butter.
2. Add strawberry pie filling slow cooker.
3. Spread brownie batter over strawberries.
4. Top with chocolate chips
NOTE: Each slow cooker is different. This recipe takes longer in my slow cooker than it may in others. The first time you make this, keep on eye on it after 2 hours to make sure the edges aren't burning.
This easy recipe is meant to be gooey and it best served in a bowl. Similar to a skillet brownie, these chocolate strawberry brownies will not take a traditional brownie form, it will be more of a slow cooker brownie pudding consistency. It is delicious served hot, but can be served room temperature as well.
Some amazing serving additions to the top of the brownies are:
- vanilla ice cream (this one is a must, imho, if you are serving warm right out of the slow cooker😉)
- white chocolate chips
- whipped topping
- sliced fresh strawberries
- powdered sugar
- caramel syrup
- Freeze-dried strawberry crumbles
- drizzled melted chocolate
- flaky sea salt
- wet walnuts
No matter how you serve it, this perfect dessert will quickly become one of your favorite recipes.
- If you are a dark chocolate fan, use dark chocolate chips or chunks in place of semi-sweet. You may also want to try a dark chocolate brownie mix.
- Alternatively, milk chocolate fans can substitute milk chocolate chips.
- Use a plant place butter in place of traditional butter to keep your strawberry cake mix brownies dairy free. Just make sure to also purchase a dairy free brownie mix.
If you love this recipe, please let me know in the comment section below!
Store leftovers of these delicious strawberry brownies in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. Place them into an airtight container or any container you can cover fully with plastic wrap.
Leftovers are rare, but when they do happen, they can be eaten at room temperature or slightly warmed in the microwave.
😉Hints & hacks
- This is a great spoon brownie recipe to make with kids. Since it does not contain any raw eggs, licking the bowl is encouraged! 😉
- Warm brownies are a delicious treat! Just keep in mind that these will be HOT when they first come out of the slow cooker.
- Many slow cookers don't cook evenly. To compensate, half way through cooking time, lift the ceramic insert carefully out of the heating element. Rotate it 180º and place it back in. This will allow the contents of the brownies to have equal access to the hotter side of your slow cooker.
- To make clean up easier, line the slow cooker with a slow cooker liner or parchment paper.
- I have not tried this recipe with chocolate cake mix, only brownie mix. If you try it with cake mix, I would love to hear how it goes in the comment section below!
- Don't forget to make sure your slow cooker is plugged in and turned on!! 😉
As an Amazon Associate, I earn a small amount from qualifying purchases and affiliate links at no additional cost to you.
Slow Cooker Chocolate Strawberry Brownies Recipe
- measuring cups
- Mixing Spoon
- Rubber spatula
- 1 box brownie mix
- 21 oz can strawberry pie filling
- 1 cup butter melted
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- in a separate bowl, mix together 1 box brownie mix, and 1 cup butter and set aside1 box brownie mix
- add 21 oz can strawberry pie filling to the bottom of a greased slow cooker
- spread brownie batter mixture over top of strawberries
- Sprinkle 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips over the top of the brownie batter
- cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or high for 2.5 - 4 hours
- serve warm right from slow cooker topped with ice cream