This apple and honey pull-apart is made from cinnamon bun dough, apples and honey all cooked together in your slow cooker. Perfect for brunch or dessert.
It’s fall and apples are everywhere in my little corner of the world. I can’t seem to stop myself from buying them in bulk. And, while we generally eat them rather quickly, I still seem to need to come up with creative ways to use up what we can’t get to. Slow cooker to the rescue!
Do you have a favorite apple? Everyone seems to have a strong opinion on what type of apple they prefer. Sweet, juicy, tart....they come with so many options. Some are better for cooking than others. And, of course different varieties are grown in different parts of the world.
When life gives you apples, I say....make applesauce and apple butter and apple cake and baked apples. And then, when you are fresh out of apple ideas, make this!! It is the easiest way to make a delicious apple and honey pull-apart!
Lazy Apple and Honey Pull-Apart Hacks
- This recipe is intentionally dairy-free and nut-free to accommodate allergies. Be sure to carefully check the ingredients in the cinnamon rolls you choose. I was surprised by how much the ingredients vary from brand to brand.
- The rolls I bought even had a dairy-free topping. But if it didn’t, I was just planning to mix some soy milk with confectioners sugar to make my own. Soy whipped topping is also a great dairy-free option.
- I cooked this on high for two hours and it came out perfectly. If your slow cooker cooks unevenly (as some of mine do) lifting your slow cooker pot out of the heating element and rotating it 180 degrees before putting it back in will help to even things out. The newer slow cookers don’t seem to have as much of an issue with uneven cooking as some of the older ones do. In my older crockpot, this dish would burn on one side before the other side was finished cooking. Just beware that the pot will be HOT! Potholders are a must!
- I also suggest placing a towel under the lid of your slow cooker while cooking to help absorb extra moisture.
- I recommend using a crisp tart apple for this recipe such as Granny Smith.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Lazy Apples and Honey Pull-Apart
- parchment paper
- apple peeler
- 2 cans jumbo cinnamon rolls, cut into quarters
- ⅓ cup honey
- 2 medium apples - peeled, cored and chopped I used Granny Smith
- ½ teaspoon Molasses
- Make an “x” in your slow cooker with parchment paper. Make sure the paper is long enough to reach all the way up the sides of the slow cooker.
- Line bottom of slow cooker with half of the cinnamon roll pieces
- In a separate bowl, mix together, apples pieces, honey and molasses
- Layer the apple mixture on top of the cinnamon rolls in the pot
- Layer the remaining cinnamon rolls pieces on top of the apple mixture
- Cook 1 hour on high, rotate pot* and cook another hour on high.
- After cooled, drizzle with the topping the comes with the cinnamon buns.
More Great Slow Cooker Desserts