This apple and honey pull-apart is made from cinnamon bun dough, apples and honey all cooked together in your slow cooker. Perfect for brunch or dessert.
It’s fall and apples are everywhere in my little corner of the world. I can’t seem to stop myself from buying them in bulk. And, while we generally eat them rather quickly, I still seem to need to come up with creative ways to use up what we can’t get to. Slow cooker to the rescue!
Do you have a favorite apple? Everyone seems to have a strong opinion on what type of apple they prefer. Sweet, juicy, tart....they come with so many options. Some are better for cooking than others. And, of course different varieties are grown in different parts of the world.
When life gives you apples, I say....make applesauce and apple butter and apple cake and baked apples. And then, when you are fresh out of apple ideas, make this!! It is the easiest way to make a delicious apple and honey pull-apart!
Lazy Apple and Honey Pull-Apart Hacks
- This recipe is intentionally dairy free and nut free to accommodate allergies. Be sure to carefully check the ingredients in the cinnamon rolls you choose. I was surprised how much the ingredients varied from brand to brand.
- The rolls I bought even had a dairy free topping. But if it didn’t, I was just planning to mix some soy milk with confectioners sugar to make my own. Soy whipped topping is also a great dairy free option.
- I cooked this on high for two hours and it came out perfectly. Whenever you are baking in a slow cooker, I recommend turning the pot 180 degrees half way though the cooking time to ensure even cooking all the way around the edges. I also suggest placing a towel under the lid of your slow cooker while cooking to help absorb extra moisture.
- I recommend using a crisp tart apple for this recipe such as Granny Smith.
Lazy Apples and Honey Pull-Apart
- 6 qt slow cooker
- parchment paper
- apple peeler
- 2 cans jumbo cinnamon rolls, cut into quarters
- ⅓ cup honey
- 2 medium apples - peeled, cored and chopped I used Granny Smith
- ½ tsp Molasses
- Make an “x” in your slow cooker with parchment paper. Make sure the paper is long enough to reach all the way up the sides of the slow cooker.
- Line bottom of slow cooker with half of the cinnamon roll pieces
- In a separate bowl, mix together, apples pieces, honey and molasses
- Layer the apple mixture on top of the cinnamon rolls in the pot
- Layer the remaining cinnamon rolls pieces on top of the apple mixture
- Cook 1 hour on high, rotate pot and cook another hour on high.
- After cooled, drizzle with the topping the comes with the cinnamon buns.
More Great Slow Cooker Desserts
Check Out Our Facebook Page For More Slow Cooker Recipes!!*This post contains Amazon Affiliate links. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This helps to offset the costs of running this website. **Please note that all nutritional, serving size and calorie information is estimated and based solely on the ingredients used, not the offered replacement options or any other substitutions.