Crockpot banana chocolate chip brownies are ooey, gooey, dense and intense!! Filled with ripe bananas and chocolate chips, these goodies will instantly satisfy your sweet cravings.
Looking for an easy, "off the charts" delicious way to use up extra bananas before they go bad? Look no further! This recipe is decadent. No other word does it justice.
Sweet, intense and gooey, this easy brownie recipe is worthy of serving to guests, selling at bake sales and, of course, hoarding all for yourself
To make this delicious crockpot dessert, you will need:
- non-fat Greek yogurt
- baking soda
- and lots of chocolate chips!
🍌How To Make Crockpot Banana Brownies
Once your ingredients are gathered, cream together the butter and sugar. Next, mash the bananas and mix them in with your butter/sugar mixture. Stir in yogurt, eggs, vanilla, baking soda, salt and flour and mix well. Lastly add in your chocolate chips.
Dump this whole mixture in your slow cooker and go read a book while your crockpot works it's magic!
If you love this recipe, please let me know in the comment section below!
When brownies are finished cooking, remove slow cooker vessel from heating element. Allow to fully cool and set prior to cutting into brownie sized squares (for me a "brownie sized" serving = jumbo!). If you can't wait that long, spoon out warm brownies servings into bowls and top with vanilla ice cream!
😉Hints and Hacks
- Any chocolate chips will do, but milk chocolate chips are especially decadent!
- Chocolate chips will sink to the bottom during cooking...yum!
- This is a great way to use up over ripe bananas. If you still have some brown bananas left after you make this awesome treat, Boozy Banana Topping is another great way to use them up!
- you will know your dish is done with you can insert a toothpick into the center and it comes out clean.
- If your slow cooker cooks unevenly (as some of mine do) lifting your slow cooker pot out of the heating element and rotating it 180 degrees before putting it back in will help to even things out. I try to do this about half way through the cooking time. Just beware that the pot will be HOT! Pot holders are a must!
- Although any vanilla extract will work, there is just something about the flavor of pure vanilla extract. It adds amazing flavor!
- I always recommend the use of a slow cooker liner. This is, of course, an optional step. I like to purchase my liners in bulk for a less expensive per-piece price.
- In the market for a new slow cooker? I love mine!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn a small amount from qualifying purchases and affiliate links at no additional cost to you.
Lazy Banana Chocolate Chip Brownies
- 6 qt oval or casserole slow cooker
- potato masher or whisk
- mixing bowl
- measuring cup and spoons
- 4 small (or three large) very ripe banana mashed
- 1½ cups sugar
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt fat free works well
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ⅔ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- mash bananas,4 small (or three large) very ripe banana mashed
- cream together sugar and butter1½ cups sugar, ½ cup butter
- add eggs, bananas, yogurt, vanilla, baking soda and salt and mix1 cup plain Greek yogurt, 2 eggs, 2 teaspoon vanilla, 1 teaspoon baking soda, ⅔ teaspoon salt
- add in flour and mix in well until a batter is formed2 cups flour
- add in chocolate chips and stir to mix2 cups chocolate chips
- if using, place slow cooker liner in slow cooker
- spray liner (or slow cooker vessel) with non-stick spray
- pour batter into slow cooker
- place lid on slow cooker and cook on high 3-4 hours or until a toothpick can be inserted into the middle and come out clean
- allow to cool fully before serving if you plan to cut it into pieces. Also delicious spooned out warm and served with ice cream!
Check Out Our Facebook Page For More Slow Cooker Recipes!!
Have you tried this recipe? I would love to hear your thoughts in the comment section below!! 💗