Crockpot candied pecans are an awesome homemade treat. Fresh pecans coated in a crunchy layer of sweet goodness make for absolute snacking perfection!
Candied nuts of any sort can transport you to so many different places. A busy city street, a county fair, a ball game or even a seaside boardwalk - anywhere that you might find a vendor freshly roasting nuts by the bagful. This recipe allows you to recreate the feelings conjured up by these places, right in your own kitchen.
How To Make Crockpot Candied Pecans
The good news is that these easy candied nuts involve very little effort! The bad news is that they smells so good while they are cooking, it is almost torture waiting for them to be finished!
You will need the following ingrediants:
- melted butter
- brown sugar
- corn syrup
- vanilla extract
- one large egg white
- parchment paper or slow cooker liner (optional)
- non-stick spray
To start, line your slow cooker with either parchment paper or a slow cooker liner. Next, you will need to use a wire whisk to beat the egg white until it is frothy. Add the nuts into the frothy egg white and toss until nuts are fully coated. Next, add the sugar, brown sugar, melted butter corn syrup and vanilla to the nut mixture and stir well to thoroughly mix. Place the nut mixture into your slow cooker and spread the mixture evenly around the pot. Cover and cook on low, stirring every 30 minutes or so. When cooking is finished, lay the nuts on a flat counter (on parchment paper) and separate them, allowing them to cool individually. Final step: Devour!
Ways To Enjoy This Easy Treat
- Just eat them! Literally - stuff them into your mouth by the handful!
- Serve on top of ice cream!
- Use as a topping for french toast or pancakes
- Use in baked goods such, such as banana bread for an extra sweet surprise!
If you have other ways you love to enjoy this snack, please share in the comments section below!
Hints and Hacks
- This is a fun treat to make with kids! Not many steps involved, but it requires just enough measuring and mixing to make it educational and fun - and, of course, delicious! Just remember, the nuts will be hot when they are finished cooking and will require the help of an adult.
- These nuts make great homemade gifts to share with friends and family. I love wrapping them up in a canning jar or cute basket with a bow! A great, economical and thoughtful holiday gift!
- Although any vanilla extract will work, there is just something about the aroma of pure vanilla extract and the amazing flavor it adds. Here is a great one.
- I always recommend the use of a slow cooker liner. This is, of course, an optional step. I purchase my liners in bulk for a less expensive per-piece price. Here are the liners I buy.
- In the market for a new slow cooker? Here is the one I am currently lusting after.
Lazy Slow Cooker Candied Pecans
- 3.5 quart of larger slow cooker
- Spoon to stir
- measuring spoons and cups
- wire whisk
- parchment paper (or slow cooker liner)
- 4 cups pecans
- 4 tbsp salted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp corn syrup
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg white
- line slow cooker with parchment paper or slow cooker liner
- spray with non-stick cooking spray
- melt butter (can be done in slow cooker, microwave or stove top)
- beat egg white until frothy
- add pecans to egg white and stir until coated
- add sugar and brown sugar to nut mixture and mix well
- mix vanilla, corn syrup and melted butter together and stir together with nut mixture
- spread mixture evenly throughout crockpot
- cook on low for 3-4 hours, stirring every 30 minutes or so
- lay cooked mixture flat on parchment paper or slow cooker liner and separate nuts, allowing to cool,
More Great Slow Cooker Treats
- Apple Butter
- Pumpkin Pie Snack Mix
- Chocolate Dipped Treats
- Apple and Honey Pull Apart
- Hot Dog Pull Apart
Check Out Our Facebook Page For More Slow Cooker Recipes!!
If you try this recipe, please let me know in the comments below! I'd love to hear your thoughts!