Delicious crockpot Italian Roast Beef has great flavor with just a little kick. This tender shredded beef, made with spices and peppers, is just perfect served as a sandwich or over mashed potatoes or cauliflower.
Long days out of the house are exhausting. There is nothing better than walking into the smell of dinner ready to be served. Few of us have the luxury of a private chef (or mom!) to make that happen. BUT, slow cooking is definitely the next best thing!
This delicious and easy-to-assemble meal can be tossed together before you leave in the morning. OR even the night before and then refrigerated overnight. Just plug in your crockpot, turn it on (important steps often forgotten!), and let it make you dinner!
Crock pot Italian beef sandwiches using this recipe are a family favorite slow cooker meal. In addition to long busy days, it is also a great recipe to make on game day.
🔪How to make Italian Roast
To make this easy dish, you will need:
- roast (I have used top round roast, eye of round roast, rump roast, and boneless chuck roast to make this crock pot recipe)
- beef broth
- pepperoncini peppers - and pepperoncini juice
- roasted peppers - chopped
- minced garlic - better than garlic powder in this recipe
- diced onion
- Italian seasoning
- banana pepper rings for serving (optional)
Place beef into slow cooker. Add beer, soup, and the juice of the pepperoncini jar along with half of the peppers, garlic onion, and seasoning. Cover and cook on low for 10-12 hours. Yep, it's that easy!
It is also wonderful served on long hoagie rolls with peppers and melted provolone cheese or mozzarella cheese. Shredded beef and pepperoncini sandwiches are also amazing. Both fries and chips make delicious side dishes.
Another great idea is to add this easy recipe to a bowl with veggies and rice. It pairs perfectly with a glass of your favorite red wine. There is certainly no wrong way to serve this tender beef and just so many right ones!
Leftovers of this delicious Italian beef recipe can be stored in the refrigerator or freezer. Your leftover beef will last 3-4 days in the fridge and up to 4 months frozen. It is best stored in an airtight container or zipper-top freezer bag.
😉Hints & Hacks
- This easy crockpot Italian roast beef dish can be served either sliced or shredded. Shredding makes for a more moist, flavorful, and MUCH easier finished product!
- There are a lot of different opinions regarding the best way to shred Italian pot roast. Some people prefer to use a potato masher while others use the beaters of a handheld mixer. I am a fan of using two forks. Less dirty items to wash!
- I always recommend the use of a slow cooker liner when cooking beef roast This is, of course, an optional step. I like to purchase my liners in bulk for a less expensive per-piece price.
- In the market for a new slow cooker? I love mine!
- This is a great dish if your people will be eating at different times. After the cooking time, turn your slow cooker to low and everyone can have a warm and filling meal, no matter what time they are ready to eat.
- Any brand of beer will work here. I tend to favor light beer, but most feel that a darker beer will add a deeper flavor. The alcohol from the beer cooks off, but including it helps to tenderize your meat as well as bring out a richer flavor.
- If you try this, please share your opinion on the best cut of meat in the comment section below.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases and affiliate links.
Lazy Crockpot Italian Roast Beef Recipe
- 4 quart or larger slow cooker
- measuring cups and spoons
- Forks to shred beef
- 3-4 lb roast
- 2 cups beef stock or prepared beef base
- 12 oz bottle beer any kind will work, I generally use light
- 12 oz pepperoncini peppers use all of the juice and about half of the peppers
- ½ cup chopped roasted red peppers
- ½ cup diced onion
- 2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Place slow cooker liner in slow cooker, if using
- add roast to slow cooker
- add stock/soup base, beer, all liquid and half of pepperoncini peppers, roasted peppers, garlic onion and italian seasoning.
- cover and cook on low for 10-12 hours.
- anytime after 8 hours, open slow cooker and shred beef using two forks. It should come apart easily.