Delicious crockpot Italian Roast Beef has great flavor with just a little kick. This tender shredded beef, made with spices and peppers, is perfect served as a sandwich or over mashed potatoes or cauliflower.
Long days out of the house are exhausting. There is nothing better than walking in to the smell of dinner ready to be served. Since few of us have the luxury of a private chef (or a mom at home) to make that happen, a crock-pot is definitely the next best thing!
This delicious and easy to assemble meal can be tossed together before you leave in the morning (or even the night before and refrigerated overnight). Just plug in your crockpot, turn it on (both important steps that can be easily forgotten!) and let it make you dinner while you are gone!
How to make Italian Roast
To make this easy dish, you will need:
- roast (I use either top round, eye of round or chuck)
- beef stock or soup base
- a jar of pepperoncini peppers
- chopped roasted peppers
- minced garlic
- diced onion
- Italian seasoning
- pepper rings for serving (optional)
*Precise measurements are listed in recipe below
Place beef into slow cooker. Add beer, soup, the juice of the pepperoncini jar along with half of the peppers, garlic onion and seasoning. Cover and cook on low for 10-12 hours. Yep, it's that easy!.
How To Serve Italian Roast
There are so many great ways to serve this delicious dish! It is delicious on a bed of mashed potatoes or mashed cauliflower. It is also wonderful served on a long Italian roll with peppers and melted mozzarella cheese. Another great idea is to add it to a bowl with veggies and rice. There is certainly no wrong way and just so many right ones!
Crockpot Roast Hints & Hacks
- This easy crockpot Italian roast beef dish can be served either sliced or shredded. Shredding makes for a more moist, flavorful and MUCH easier finished product!
- There are a lot of different opinions regarding the best way to shred slow cooker beef. Some people prefer to use a potato masher while others use the beaters of a handheld mixer. I am a fan of using two forks. Less dirty items to wash!
- I always recommend the use of a slow cooker liner. This is, of course, an optional step. I like to purchase my liners in bulk for a less expensive per-piece price. Here are the liners I buy.
- In the market for a new slow cooker? Here is the one I am currently lusting after.
- This is a great dish if your people will be eating at different times. After the cooking time, turn your slow cooker to low and everyone can have a warm and filling meal, no matter what time they are ready to eat.
- This dish is great served with a sides of mashed potatoes, baked potatoes, mashed cauliflower or rice.
- Any brand of beer will work here. I tend to favor light beer, but most feel that a darker beer will add a deeper flavor. The alcohol from the beer cooks off, but including it helps to tenderize your meat as well as bring out a richer flavor.
Lazy Crockpot Italian Roast Beef Recipe
- 4 quart or larger slow cooker
- measuring cups and spoons
- Forks to shred beef
- slow cooker liner (optional)
- 3-4 lb roast
- 2 cups beef stock or prepared beef base
- 12 oz bottle beer any kind will work, I generally use light
- 12 oz pepperoncini peppers use all of the juice and about half of the peppers
- ½ cup chopped roasted red peppers
- ½ cup diced onion
- 2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Place slow cooker liner in slow cooker, if using
- add roast to slow cooker
- add stock/soup base, beer, all liquid and half of pepperoncini peppers, roasted peppers, garlic onion and italian seasoning.
- cover and cook on low for 10-12 hours.
- anytime after 8 hours, open slow cooker and shred beef using two forks. It should come apart easily.
Check out my latest on Instagram