Mashed Cauliflower is a lighter and tasty alternative to mashed potatoes. This easy crockpot side dish can be paired with any entree.
How to make Cauliflower in a Slow Cooker
This easy mashed cauliflower recipe is made with frozen cauliflower. However, I have made it with fresh cauliflower and it works just as well. It is easy to store, inexpensive and requires absolutely no prep.
It goes in the Crockpot by itself, no water or any other additives required. After it cooks to a soft consistency (3-4 hours on low), mash by hand with some butter or a butter alternative and some garlic salt. Not a garlic fan? Plain salt works as well!
During the cooking process, some of the pieces on the bottom may brown a bit. This just serves to enrich the flavor.
Mashed Cauliflower Hack and hints:
- I have found that the easiest way to get the best texture is the old fashioned way: using a hand held potato masher. Click here to see the one I use.
- I have only made this with frozen cauliflower! When I make it with fresh, I will update this post to let you know if it needs water any other adjustments
- I always used slow cooker liners for easy clean up. This is, of course, an optional step. Click here to see the ones I buy in bulk. They are less expensive per piece than what you can buy in the store.
More Great Slow Cooker Side Dishes:
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases and affiliate links.
Lazy Mashed Cauliflower
- 3 qt slow cooker or larger
- measuring cups and spoons
- 24 oz frozen or fresh cauliflower
- 3 tablespoon butter or alternative I used SmartBalance
- garlic salt add to taste, if needed
- 2 tablespoon dairy free creamer (optional) I am a fan of NutPods
- Empty cauliflower bag into slow cooker crock
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours. Some of the cauliflower on the bottom will brown a bit. This will add a bit of a richer flavor
- Add butter or alternative and (optional, but it makes for a creamer end product) dairy free creamer.
- Mash with potato masher
- Alternative:If you want to change up the flavoring somewhat, instead of garlic salt, use a tablespoon or so of ranch dressing mix. Its a delicious change!
Check out my latest on Instagram
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
I'M IN!! SIGN ME UP FOR OCCASIONAL EMAILS FROM THE LAZY SLOW COOKER!
Leave a Reply