Use your crockpot to make this deliciously spoonable mashup of sweet corn, corn muffin and eggs. Corn spoonbread is the perfect side dish for any meal!
You have found it....no need to look any further. The perfect side dish!! Whether you are making dinner at home, attending a potluck, going to a backyard bbq or just need one more dish for your buffet, this is the answer!
What is Spoonbread??
Spoonbread is pretty much just what is sounds like, a spoonable creation that is sort of a cross between a bread, savory pudding and a casserole. In this case, it is what you get when you cross a corn muffin with warm and wonderful pot of creamed corn. As its name suggests, it is requires a spoon for serving rather than a knife. Bottom line: it is delicious!!
How To Make This Easy Corn Casserole
This dish contains pretty basic and easy to find ingredients:
- corn muffin mix
- canned creamed corn
- canned corn
- sour cream
- melted butter
Start by beating eggs together. Add in remaining ingredients. Stir well and pour into slow cooker. Cover, cook, serve! That's it! Doesn't get much easier! Or more delicious!
What To Serve With This Slow Cooker Corn Recipe
I can't really think of anything you wouldn't want to serve this with! Some really amazing combinations include: 1. BBQ ribs, coleslaw and baked beans, 2. A juicy steak and steamed broccoli or 3. Meatloaf and a crisp side salad.
Crockpot Corn Casserole Hints and Hacks
- Corn spoonbread is a great dish if your people will be eating at different times. After the cooking time, turn your slow cooker to low and everyone can have a warm and filling side dish, no matter what time they are ready to eat.
- Although you probably won't have leftovers, if you do, they reheat really well for future meals!
- This is an easy dish to travel with making it a great pot-luck, office party, shower, etc dish to volunteer to bring (I promise I won't tell anyone how easy it was to make!)
- I always recommend the use of a slow cooker liner. Of course, this is an optional step. I purchase my liners in bulk for a less expensive per-piece price. Here are the liners I buy.
- In the market for a new slow cooker? Here is the one I am currently lusting after.
Lazy Slow Cooker Corn Spoonbread
- 3.5 qt slow cooker or larger
- mixing spoons and cups
- mixing bowl
- wire whisk
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 8.5 oz package corn muffin mix
- 1 14.5 oz can creamed corn
- 1 15.25 oz can sweet corn, drained
- ¾ cup sour cream
- ⅓ cup whipped cream cheese
- ¼ cup salted butter, melted
- beat eggs
- add in remaining ingredients and stir well until fully combined
- pour mixture into a lined or well greased slow cooker
- coover and cook on high for 1.5 - 3 hours until fully cooked through
More Great Side Dishes
Check Out Our Facebook Page For More Slow Cooker Recipes!!