Slow cooker beef & broccoli is an easy crockpot meal. Tender beef chunks and flavorful broccoli all in a tasty Asian-inspired sauce. Top with a sprinkling of crunchy sesame seeds for a perfect finish.
Looking for an easy dinner recipe? Do you love savory Asian flavors? Are you a fan of tender beef and flavorful broccoli? Then you have come to the right place!
How To Make This Easy Slow Cooker Recipe
This easy beef and broccoli dish is made with mostly shelf-stable pantry items making it a great choice for those days when you haven't planned ahead. The ingredient list includes:
- beef broth
- soy sauce ( or gluten-free alternative)
- brown sugar ( or sugar-free alternative)
- sesame oil
- sesame seeds
- beef tips or cubes
- potato flakes (optional - used for thickening sauce)
All ingredients, other than broccoli, are combined and cooked for at least 6 hours. This ensures that the beef cubes have plenty of time to get nice and tender, regardless of what cut of beef you start out with. Half an hour before serving, add in cut-up broccoli florets. Just set the table, make a side salad and maybe some rice, and dinner will be ready to serve!
Easy Beef Dinner Hints and Hacks
- I always recommend the use of a slow cooker liner. Of course, this is an optional step. I like to purchase my liners in bulk for a less expensive per-piece price. Here are the liners I buy.
- In the market for a new slow cooker? Here is the one I am currently lusting after.
- This is a great dish if your people will be eating at different times. After the cooking time, turn your slow cooker to low and everyone can have a warm and filling meal, no matter what time they are ready to eat.
- The longer cooking time of this recipe makes this an ideal dish for long days away from home. There is nothing better than coming home to a home-cooked meal after a long day!
- Long cooking also has the added benefit of tenderizing any cut of beef. Stew meat and beef tips both work well with this one.
- To make this a gluten-free recipe, switch out the soy sauce for Liquid Aminos.
- Looking to make this dish sugar-free? Switch the brown sugar with Swerve brown "sugar" erythritol.
- One of the listed ingredients is potato flakes. While these are technically dehydrated potatoes that become mashed potatoes when mixed with water, they also make for a great, gluten-free thickening agent. Just mix one tablespoon at a time into the sauce at the bottom of your pot until desired thickness is reached. This is an optional step and does not affect the taste of the dish.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Lazy Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli
- 2 lbs beef cubes or tips
- 1 cup beef broth
- ½ cup low sodium soy sauce (or gluten free alternative) for gluten free, use liquid aminos
- ⅓ cup brown sugar for sugar free use Erythritol (swerve) brown sugar substitue
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- ¾ tablespoon minced garlic
- 16 oz frozen broccoli
- sesame seeds
- dehydrated mashed potato flakes
- place slow cooker liner into slow cooker (if using)
- Add broth, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil and garlic to slow cooker
- Add beef and cover
- cook on low for at least 6 hours
- half an hour before serving, add broccoli to slow cooker
- If you would like a thicker sauce, add one tablespoon of dehydrated mashed potatoes into a small section of the liquid on the bottom of the pot and mix it in. continue to add one tablespoon at a time and mix until desired consistency is reached.
- serve over rice or riced cauliflower
More Easy Beef Dishes:
Check Out Our Facebook Page For More Slow Cooker Recipes!!