Slow cooker parmesan ranch snack mix is the ultimate feel-good food! Pretzels and other goodies are coated in the delicious combination of ranch and parmesan cheese. You NEED this at your next social gathering!
Who wouldn't love an easy ranch party mix? This dish will quickly become one of your favorite snacks - and with good reason. It is delicious and simple. Added bonus - using your slow cooker to make this in hotter months won't add extra heat to your home.
I always have this on the table right next to some yummy chicken buffalo dip and a hot dog pull-apart. It is perfect for any gathering - from a picnic to football season.
Since this is the "Lazy" version, it uses a pre-made salad dressing/dip mix. However, a homemade ranch mix would work perfectly well in this slow cooker Chex mix recipe.
📝Shopping listJump to recipe card for exact amounts
To make this crock pot Chex mix recipe you will need:
- Pretzels - small pieces
- Cheez-Its - or other cheese crackers
- Chex cereal - corn Chex was used here. But a few cups of rice Chex would work just as well.
- Oyster crackers
- Worcestershire sauce
- Parmesan cheese - grated
- Dry ranch dressing mix
- non-stick spray
🥣Putting it together
For easiest cleanup, a slow cooker liner or parchment paper is the perfect first layer. If you forgo those, start by spraying your slow cooker with a non-stick spray.
Next, add all of the dry crackers and pretzels. Top with ranch seasoning mix, Worcestershire sauce, and melted butter. Stir well to coat all pieces.
Cook UNCOVERED for 2-3 hours. Stir the mixture every 30 minutes or so making sure that nothing starts to burn on the bottom. Once the mixture is dry and toasty, turn your slow cooker off and allow it to cool.
Add parmesan cheese to the cooled mixture, stir and enjoy!
While rarely sighted in the wild, leftovers of this parmesan ranch snack mix recipe sometimes happen. Store them in an airtight container or large ziptop plastic bag. It should stay fresh for 7-10 days (but no one knows for sure as it never lasts that long 😉).
↔️Substitutions and alternatives
There are lots of ways to customize this delicious snack. Some optional ingredients that would be great in this mix are:
- bagel chips
- Asian-style rice crackers
- potato chips
- wheat Chex
- melba snacks
- sunflower seeds
If you are interested in a stronger flavor, try adding in some extra garlic powder and onion powder. Additionally, you may want to try adding one or 2 more tablespoons ranch seasoning mix.
😉Hints & hacks
- Interested in a spicy version of this dish? Add in some cayenne pepper, a pinch of chili powder and some wasabi peas.
- This snack mixture travels well and is great on the go.
- To make this crockpot Chex mix even toastier, turn your slow cooker back to high after adding the parmesan cheese. Cook for another hour (this only works if you use a dry, grated cheese not a freshly shredded cheese). Be sure to stir it after 30 minutes to confirm no burning or melting.
- I make this in my casserole Crockpot. The larger square heating surface is perfect for recipes like this one.
- Make a double batch! This is one of those easy recipes that quickly become a favorite food!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases and affiliate links.
Slow Cooker Parmesan Ranch Snack Mix Recipe
- 4 quart or larger slow cooker
- mixing spoons
- non-stick cooking spray or slow cooker liner or parchment paper
- 2 cups mini preztels
- 2 cups Cheez-Its
- 2 cups corn Chex cereal rice Chex works well too
- 2 cups oyster crackers
- ½ cup butter melted
- 2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup parmesan cheese grated
- 3 tablespoon ranch dip mix dried
- line or spay slow cooker insert
- add all crunch snack items
- in a separate bowl, melt butter
- sprinkle butter, ranch seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, and ranch mix over snack items
- stir well to coat
- cook on high uncovered for 2-3 hours, stirring every 30 minutes or so to make sure nothing sticks to the bottom.
- When mix is toasted and dry, turn off slow cooker and allow to cool slightly
- sprinkle parmesan cheese over top and stir to fully combine
Check out my latest on Instagram
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
I'M IN!! SIGN ME UP FOR OCCASIONAL EMAILS FROM THE LAZY SLOW COOKER!
Leave a Reply