Slow cooker garlic butter lemon chicken is a super easy and flavorful meal that is perfect for a busy night. It is a true set-it-and-forget-it meal with a light and fresh flavor everyone will love.
Who doesn't love an easy dinner that is also delicious? This slow cooker chicken and potatoes recipe is all that and more. It is a great dish for busy week nights.
This simple recipe is awesome the day you make it. AND - the leftovers are so amazing, the whole family will love eating it a second time.
To make slow cooker garlic butter chicken you will need these simple ingredients:
- boneless skinless chicken breasts * - cut into bite-sized pieces
- baby potatoes*
- chicken stock
- garlic - pressed or fresh minced garlic
- fresh lemon juice
- lemon zest
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- Italian seasoning
- black pepper
- non-stick cooking spray
Start by spraying your slow cooker with a non-stick cooking spray. Add cut up chicken and baby potatoes to the bottom of the slow cooker. Add all remaining ingredients on top of the chicken and stir to combine.
Cover and cook on low heat for 3-4 hours. Once chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165℉ and the potatoes can be easily pierced with a fork, your dish is ready to serve.
There are so many wonderful ways to serve this slow cooker garlic lemon butter chicken. The easiest is to just ladle it out of the slow cooker and add a vegetable. I love this dish with garlic mushrooms, cauliflower, vanilla maple carrots or a crisp garden salad.
Quinoa also makes a great side dish for this crockpot chicken dinner! As does a big pot of corn on the cob.
We love eating it on a big, crusty roll or on top of a bed of mashed cauliflower.
Regardless of how you choose to serve it, you can garnish it with some lemon slices for a polished presentation.
- Boneless skinless chicken thighs can be used in place of breasts
- Full sized potatoes can be used in place of baby potatoes. Just cut them into 1.5" cubes prior to adding to your slow cooker.
Looking to make a complete meal in one pot? Add cleaned and trimmed green beans to your slow cooker about 30 minutes prior to serving. They can just be placed right on top of the other ingredients. If you prefer, you can keep them fully separated. Just place a piece of parchment paper on top of the chicken mixture prior to adding green beans.
If you love this recipe, please let me know in the comment section below!
Leftovers of these juicy chicken breasts and tender potatoes can be stored in an airtight container or bag. They will last 3-4 days in the refrigerator or several months in the freezer.
The leftover chicken from this dish makes a delicious chicken salad!!
😉Hints & hacks
- Leftovers of this slow cooker chicken recipe can be stored in individual serving-sized containers for easy grab-and-go, next day meals.
- This is one of the best slow cooker recipes to use with a slow cooker liner. If you use a liner, you can skip spraying your slow cooker with non-stick spray.
- In the market for a slow cooker? I love mine!
- All slow cookers are different and may have a slightly different cooking time. The first time you make this use a meat thermometer to see how long the chicken takes to reach 165℉. This will make your timing easier to gauge the next time you make it.
- This is a great dish to meal prep the night before. Just add all ingredients other than potatoes to a bag or bowl and refrigerate until ready to cook.
- Want more slow cooker lemon chicken recipes? Why not give Creamy Lemon Spinach Chicken or Lemon Pepper Chicken a try!?!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases and affiliate links.
Slow Cooker Garlic Lemon Butter Chicken
- 3 quart slow cooker or larger
- Knife and cutting board
- non-stick cooking spray
- 2 lbs chicken breasts cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 lb baby potatoes
- ⅓ cup chicken stock
- 4 cloves garlic minced or pressed
- lemon juice one lemon
- lemon zest from half of lemon
- ½ stick butter
- 1 heaping tsp garlic powder
- 1 heaping tsp onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 heaping tsp sriracha
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray
- add chicken and potatoes to slow cooker2 lbs chicken breasts, 1 lb baby potatoes
- add all remaining ingredients and stir to combine⅓ cup chicken stock, 4 cloves garlic, lemon juice, lemon zest, ½ stick butter, 1 heaping teaspoon garlic powder, 1 heaping teaspoon onion powder, 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, 1 heaping teaspoon sriracha, 1 teaspoon paprika, 1 teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Cover and cook on low until all chicken is fully cooked (3- 4 hours)
- stir to fully mix and serve promptly
Check out my latest on Instagram
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
I'M IN!! SIGN ME UP FOR OCCASIONAL EMAILS FROM THE LAZY SLOW COOKER!
Leave a Reply