Turkey sausage tortellini soup is an easy and deliciously intense flavored soup that has something for everyone. This homemade crockpot soup recipe will make even your pickiest eaters happy!
It seems that every grocery story has a huge canned soup section. Its hard to understand why when you consider just how easy it is to make a homemade soup recipe that is as delicious as this one.
This easy crockpot soup is especially nice because all ingredients can be stored either in your pantry or freezer. No immediate perishables required. This makes it a great plan ahead meal that be quickly tossed in your slow cooker at any time. No special trip to the market required.
How to make tortellini soup with sausage
The key to this easy soup recipe is to keep the tortellini out of the cooking process until the end. All other ingredients are added to the slow cooker vessel at the start. While you go about your day, your crock-pot works its magic heating and slowly melding all of the various flavors together. Click here to see my favorite slow cooker.
Fifteen - thirty minutes, prior to mealtime, add in the tortellini. Make your side dishes, set the table, put out drinks and dinner will be ready at the same time you are!
Tortellini and sausage soup hacks, hints and substitutions:
- I always recommend using a slow cooker liner. This is an optional step, but it makes for the easiest cleanup! I buy them in bulk to keep the costs as low as possible. Click here if you want to see the ones I use.
- To keep things as lazy as possible, the recipes uses frozen vegetables. The reasoning is simple, they come fully washed and cut and have a much longer shelf life. You can buy in advance and have them on hand for a "whenever" meal. However, if frozen isn't your thing, fresh equivalents are also listed below.
- To make this dairy free, swap out the cheese tortellini for one with a non-dairy filling.
- Delicious served with some fresh grated Parmesan cheese on top.
Click Here For More Lazy Soup Recipes
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases and affiliate links.
Lazy Turkey Sausage Tortellini Soup
- 4 quart slow cooker or larger
- 8 cups chicken stock or broth
- 9½ oz frozen, fully cooked turkey sausage crumbles
- 3 cups Italian blend frozen vegetables If you prefer to use fresh vegetables, cut 1 carrot, 1 zucchini, ½ cup cauliflower and ½ cup green beans into chunks
- 1 cup chopped onions I use frozen here as well
- 15 oz can diced tomato (with liquid)
- ½ cup white wine (not sweet)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- salt and pepper, if needed
- optional topping: grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 lb frozen cheese tortellini
- line your slow cooker with a slow cooker liner (optional)
- Add Italian vegetables, onion, turkey sausage crumbles, all contents of diced tomato can, wine garlic seasonings and chicken stock.
- stir to mix
- cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours
- 15 - 30 minutes before serving, add tortellini. You will want to serve as soon as the tortellini is fully cooked through. It will start to get mushy if it sits too long.