Slow cooker lemon pepper chicken is a delicious and easy one-pot meal. Tender chicken pieces, potatoes, and carrots cooked in a light lemon-pepper, and garlic sauce. A wonderful and healthy go-to recipe.
Not sure how I got to the ripe old age that I am without experimenting more with lemon-pepper seasoning, I always enjoyed it but somehow hadn't used it in my crock pot. Now that I have, there is no turning back! Combine it with some garlic and you have a perfect blend of spices.
It is especially wonderful in this easy meal. A true "dump and go" dish requiring little effort but resulting in a delicious dinner! You can never have too many slow cooker chicken recipes in your repertoire.
📝Shopping listExact quantities and other details can be found HERE
To make crockpot lemon pepper chicken you will need:
- Chicken - chicken breasts and thigh both work well.
- Potatoes - baby potatoes or large potatoes cut into bit sized pieces both work well
- Baby Carrots - (or, if you prefer, green beans are great here too)
- Onion - Diced
- Lemon - one large lemon
- Chicken Stock
- Garlic - minced
- Lemon Pepper Seasoning
To make this slow-cooker lemon chicken, start by cutting your chicken into bite-size pieces. Either breast or thigh meat will work here. Breast meat will come out a bit drier (our preference). Thighs do a better job of staying moist.
Place chicken thighs or breasts into the bottom of the slow cooker after cutting. Add in potatoes, carrots, and onions. Season chicken by adding in all spices. Butter and chicken stock can be added next.
To finish, cut your lemon and squeeze fresh lemon juice from each half over the mixture in your slow cooker. Slice the juiced lemon halves (lemon peel and all) and add the slices into your crockpot.
Cover and cook on low for 3.5-6 hours (and enjoy the wonderful lemon aroma!). Your dish is ready to serve when:
- The potato chunks are cooked all the way through, and
- Your chicken pieces reach an internal temperature of 165ºF.
To test, insert a meat thermometer into the centermost part of one piece of chicken.
This is one of those easy recipes that is a complete meal on its own. The lemony flavor of the sauce is great served over mashed cauliflower, egg noodles, or brown or white rice. It is perfect with a side of crusty bread and/or a fresh garden salad.
Freshly grated parmesan cheese is the perfect way to top it off.
It is always an added bonus when simple recipes like this one store well. Stow leftovers in an airtight container or bag. Be sure to store with all the liquid for extra lemon flavor when reheating.
Your crockpot lemon chicken will last 3-4 days in the refrigerator and several months in the freezer.
😉Hints & hacks
- Looking to make your lemon sauce a little thicker? 30 - 45 minutes prior to serving, mix 3 tablespoons cornstarch and 3 tablespoons water together in a small bowl. Stir mixture into your slow cooker. Cover and cook.
- I am a big fan of slow cooker liners for easy clean-up.
- If you prefer not to use a liner, non-stick cooking spray or olive oil spray is always a helpful first step.
- In the market for a new slow cooker? I love mine!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Lazy Slow Cooker Lemon Pepper Chicken Recipe
- 1.5-2 lbs chicken breast or thighs both work well, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1 lb baby potatoes or diced larger potatoes
- 1 lb baby carrots or larger carrots cut into coins
- ½ cup onion, diced
- ½ cup chicken stock
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 lemon
- cut chicken into bite-size pieces
- Place chicken, potatoes, and vegetables into slow cooker1.5-2 lbs chicken, 1 lb baby potatoes, 1 lb baby carrots, ½ cup onion, diced
- add in all seasonings, butter, and prepared chicken stock2 tablespoon garlic, minced, 1 tablespoon lemon-pepper seasoning, 1 teaspoon thyme
- place butter in slow cooker and pour prepared chicken stock over top¼ cup butter, ½ cup chicken stock
- cut lemon in half. squeeze juice from each lemon half over mixture in slow cooker. Then slice the lemon halves and place all slices (with rind) into slow cooker
- cover and cook on low for 3.5 - 6 hours
- your dish is ready to serve when the internal temperature of the chicken pieces reaches 165°F and the potatoes are soft when pierced with a fork.