Slow Cooker Cheddar Creamed Corn takes the best side dish - creamed corn - to the next level. Sweet kernels of corn married with creamy and cheesy goodness. This easy slow cooker recipe that will earn you rave reviews!
Anything that can be described as creamy and cheesy is an automatic great recipe, IMHO. This easy side dish is all that and more. It will become a favorite of the whole family from the very first time you make it.
This recipe makes a good amount, so it is perfect for holiday meals such as Thanksgiving dinner. However, it is so good, you will want to make it more often. It is the perfect side dish for everything from a holiday potluck to a BBQ to a weeknight meal.
To make this creamy corn dish you will need the following simple ingredients:
- Frozen corn
- Cream cheese
- Heavy whipping cream
- Shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
🔪How to make homemade creamed corn
This delicious dish is an embarrassingly easy recipe to make. It is the ultimate "dump-and-go" recipe (I really don't like that term - but it gets the point across!) Just add all your ingredients into your slow cooker and let it do its thing!
Before you know it, you will be smelling that sweet corn flavor throughout your home. When finished cooking, turn your slow cooker to the warm setting until you are ready to serve. Perfect for a special occasion like Christmas dinner or other holiday meal where an easy side dish recipe is helpful.
This family favorite is great served next to all your favorite recipes. Everything from chicken to beef to fish pairs well with this crock pot recipe. We generally serve it family style right out of the slow cooker.
Leftovers of your crock pot creamed corn can be stored in an airtight container or zipper topped bag. This great side dish will last 3-4 days in the refrigerator and several months in the freezer.
If you love this recipe, please let me know in the comment section below!
😉Hints & hacks
- One of the best reasons to use your crockpot to make this favorite dish is to save oven space. Oven space is a priceless commodity when you are cooking for special occasions! One more nice thing is how it can feed a large crowd (without large-crowd effort) .
- A slow cooker liner is an optional but helpful hack whenever making this all American side dish. They allow you to cook with little to no cleanup. I like to buy mine in bulk for a better per-piece price.
- In the market for a new slow cooker? I love mine!
- If aren't making this recipe for a large family gathering you may want a smaller quantity, Good news - this easy creamed corn recipe can be cut in half. Alternatively, if you have a big enough slow cooker, you can make a double batch. Total cooking time should not change. However it is a good idea to keep an eye on it, just in case.
- This cheesy creamed corn recipe can be cooked on high or low heat, depending on your timing.
A. My secret ingredient for this cream cheese corn is sharp cheddar cheese. I am lazy and like to buy the pre-shredded cheddar. However, freshly shredded cheese is the best way to ensure you will get the creamiest crock pot corn around.
A. This is the best corn side dish just the way it is. However, if you are looking to spice your creamy side dish up a little bit, you can add some (or all) of the following:
1. Chopped green onions
2. Jalapeño slices (for a real touch of heat)
3. Sour cream - about ¼ cup
4. Green chilies
5. Fresh Thyme
6. Fresh Rosemary
7. Pepper jack cheese
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases and affiliate links.
Slow Cooker Cheddar Creamed Corn
- 40 oz corn kernels frozen
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 8 oz cream cheese cut into chunks
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray
- add corn to bottom of the slow cooker40 oz corn kernels
- add in remaining ingredients and stir to gently combine2 cups cheddar cheese, 8 oz cream cheese, ¾ cup heavy cream, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon black pepper
- cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or high for about 1.5 - 2 hours
- stir to fully mix all ingredients.
- serve and enjoy!