This delicious balsamic peach chicken recipe is a slow cooker dream. It is made with fresh (or frozen) peaches, balsamic vinegar, tender chicken, and just the right spices. You will want to make this one on repeat!
You are only a few simple steps away from an amazing crockpot chicken dish. There is nothing better than seasonal, juicy peaches. This recipe lets you use those peaches to make a fantastic meal.
This is one of those slow cooker recipes that will be immediately loved by the whole family.
To make this wonderful crock pot dish, you will need these basic grocery store ingredients:
- boneless skinless chicken breasts - boneless skinless chicken thighs would work too
- peaches - fresh is great when available but frozen peaches work as well
- balsamic vinegar - which perfectly enhances the flavor of the peaches
- honey - because everything is better with a touch of honey
- garlic powder, minced dried onion, ground ginger, and basil - all add great flavor
- salt and pepper - to taste
- fresh basil - for garnish
Preparing your slow cooker
Prepare your slow cooker by coating it in a non-stick agent. Any nonstick cooking spray or oil will work
NOTE: some slow cooker inserts come with a nonstick surface. Use of a non-stick agent is still suggested. However, oil is sometimes recommended rather than spray to protect the longevity of the non-stick surface. Check your slow cooker's manual if you have any concerns.
Alternatively, you can choose to use a slow cooker liner.
Start by cutting your peaches and removing the stone. No need to peel peaches as the skin will soften significantly during cooking.
Add chicken into the bottom of the slow cooker followed by all remaining ingredients Cover and cook until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165℉. This takes about 4 hours on low, in my slow cooker, and between 2-3 hours on high.
Each slow cooker is different. A meat thermometer is a helpful tool the first time you make this slow cooker chicken dish.
Remove fully cooked chicken breasts and shred. I use two forks for this process. Some people suggest that potato mashers or the beaters of a handheld hand mixer work well.
Return chicken to slow cooker and stir to fully combine. Get ready to enjoy your peachy chicken!!
Spice fans will love this dish topped with some sriracha sauce!
Serve this delicious peach chicken dish on a piece of toasted or in a lettuce wrap for added crunch!
- Chicken thighs can be used instead of breasts. Cooking time should be just about the same
- Swap Nectarines out for peaches.
- Honey can be substituted with maple syrup, agave nectar, or brown sugar.
- Minced dried onion can be substituted with chopped fresh onion or onion powder
Store leftover slow cooker peach chicken in an airtight container or zip top freezer bag. It will last for 3-4 days in the refrigerator or several months in the freezer.
Reheat leftovers of this easy meal in the microwave with little effort. The perfect recipe for busy days!
If you love this recipe, please let me know in the comment section below!
😉Hints & hacks
- This is an easy meal to prep in advance Just add all the ingredients and seasonings to a storage bag and store in the refrigerator. Depending on how fresh your chicken is, it should last 2-3 days. When you are ready to cook, just toss it in your slow cooker and stir!
- Please note that cooking time for chicken recipes varies based on your slow cooker. The first time you make this dish, note how long it takes for the chicken to reach 165℉. This will make it much easier the next time you make it.
- I always recommend the use of a slow cooker liner. Of course, this is an optional step. I like to purchase my liners in bulk for a less expensive per-piece price.
- In the market for a new slow cooker? I love mine!
- Don't forget to turn on (and plug-in!) your slow cooker!!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases and affiliate links.
Slow Cooker Balsamic Peach Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts boneless and skinless
- 4-6 peaches sliced, pit removed
- ⅓ cup minced onion dried
- ⅓ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh basil for garnish
- grease slow cooker with non-stick spray or oil
- add chicken to bottom of slow cooker4 chicken breasts
- add in all remaining ingredients, other than garnish4-6 peaches, ⅓ cup minced onion, ⅓ cup balsamic vinegar, 1 tablespoon honey, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, ½ teaspoon ground ginger, ½ teaspoon dried basil
- cook for 3-4 hours on low or until chicken reaches and internal temperature of 165℉
- remove chicken and shred. then return chicken and mix with peaches and sauce
- taste test and add salt and or pepper, if desired
- top with freshly chopped basil and enjoy