Easy crockpot creamy sun dried tomato chicken is a delicious dish consisting of tender chicken pieces in a flavorful cream sauce that is filled with sun dried tomatoes and garlic.
Just the name of this recipe has me drooling! Imagine, chicken smothered in a creamy, dreamy sun dried tomato and garlic sauce. Not much would go down easier than that! This dish will quickly become a favorite at your table!
How To Make This Delicious Crockpot Chicken
What Kind Of Chicken Works Best In A Slow Cooker?
We have both white meat and dark meat fans in our house, so I generally create recipes using both to satisfy as many members of The Team as possible.
Breast meat chicken is always drier, especially when slow cooked. Thigh meat is more forgiving and can be cooked longer without drying out. However, thighs are smaller and have tend to have more connective tissue. If you don't have a preference taste-wise, thighs are the way to go. However, if you are a fan of less fatty chicken, stick with those breasts!
If you do decide to use breasts and feel they are a little too dry, a great option is to shred them and mix the shreds back into the sauce.
What Other Ingredients Are Needed?
The delicious, lightly creamy sauce In this recipe is made of fresh basil, chicken stock, cream, minced garlic, grated parmesan cheese, and sun-dried tomatoes. All ingredients, other than cream and Parmesan cheese are added together In your crockpot and slow-cooked until the chicken is fully cooked through.
Half an hour prior to serving, the cream and Parmesan cheese are stirred In. By the time you have finished setting the table and prepping any side dishes, dinner is ready!
Sun Dried Tomato Chicken Hints and Hacks
- This is not a super thick cream sauce. It is, therefore, great to serve over mashed potatoes, mashed cauliflower, rice or riced cauliflower and to let them absorb all of the yummy flavor of the sauce.
- An alternative way to serve would be to shred the chicken in the sauce. This works particularly well when cooking breast meat.
- To confirm when the chicken is finished cooking, I suggest a meat thermometer. Chicken that is overcooked will be dry and rubbery. According to the FDA, chicken is safe to eat when it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F. Here is my favorite meat thermometer.
- Slow cooker liners are an optional but helpful hack whenever using a slow cooker. They allow you to cook with little to no cleanup. I like to buy mine in bulk for a better per-piece price. Click here to see what I buy.
- In the market for a new slow cooker? Here is the one I am currently lusting after.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Lazy Creamy Sun Dried Tomato Chicken - Slow Cooker Recipe
- place slow cooker liner in slow cooker vessel, if using (optional)
- add chicken pieces, broth, basil, garlic and sun dried tomato pieces into slow cooker
- cover and cook on low for 4 - 6 hours, or until chicken pieces are cooked all the way through
- half an hour prior to serving, remove chicken pieces, add in cream and parmesan cheese and stir.
- add chicken back in, cover and allow to cook for an additional half an hour
- Serve over rice, riced cauliflower or mashed potatoes/cauliflower
Easy Crockpot Chicken Recipes
- Pizza chicken
- Honey mustard chicken
- Cashew chicken
- Soy-Peanut chicken
- Whole chicken with barley
- Greek chicken
Check Out Our Facebook Page For More Slow Cooker Recipes!!