Crockpot chicken and corn soup is light soup that is a full meal in a bowl. This recipe is the easiest way to make a delicious soup filled with chicken, corn and pasta.
I probably shouldn’t admit this, but until recently, I wasn’t a big fan of social media. Then, I discovered just how much food information is out there and I was completely converted. I can look at photographs of food all day. It just makes my day to visually dissect it, envision myself making it, guessing at the various ingredients and, of course, imagine eating. I am a little embarrassed by how much of my day is spent looking at and thinking about food. I guess that is why I decided to start this blog..
This recipe was inspired by and adapted from one posted by one of my new Instagram friends @lisafoodcuisine. She posted a version of this soup that made my mouth water and I knew I would need to make a slow cooker adaptation ASAP. While I have no idea what her version tastes like, this is recipe came out exactly how my mind imagined it would.
Without question, the best part of “consuming” food visually through social media is the lack of calories. The lack of clean up is a close second. Some people say looking at pictures of food makes them hungry. I do have this issue.....sometimes. Mostly, I just find it completely satisfying!
How To Make This Delicious Soup Recipe
To start, you will need to gather the following ingredients:
- chicken breasts
- creamed corn
- chicken stock
- onion powder
- sesame oil
- onion powder
- green pepper sauce
- fine egg noodles
If you are planning to use a slow cooker liner, adding that is always the first step (and sadly, often forgotten and regretted later!) Turn slow cooker on and add sesame oil and garlic to heat a bit while you get the rest of your ingredients organized. Add all remaining ingredients except pasta, cover and cook. After about 5 hours, remove chicken and shred. Return shredded chicken to pot. About half an hour prior to serving, add noodles.
Soup Serving Suggestions
This soup is a warm and full meal all by itself. It is the perfect way to warm up on a cool day, but it is also light enough to eat on a warm day. Delicious when accompanied by a nice crisp salad and a crusty roll or crackers. It can also be enjoyed with a great side sandwich such a cold tuna or egg salad sandwich or a gooey grilled cheese sandwich.
Lazy Chicken and Corn Soup Hacks
- Tabasco Brand Green Jalapeño sauce in my new favorite ingredient. It is a little milder than the red hot sauces and adds just the right amount of pepper flavor without all of the heat.
- The “secret” ingredient here is the sesame oil. I wouldn’t have thought to use it, but it makes all the difference. It doesn’t take much to make a big flavor impact.
- This is a great dish if your people will be eating at different times. After the cooking time, turn your slow cooker to low and everyone can have a warm and filling meal, no matter what time they are ready to eat.
- There are a lot of different opinions regarding the best way to shred chicken. Some people prefer to use a potato masher while other use the beaters of a handheld mixer. This chicken will be so tender it will be very easy to shred with two forks. Keeping it simple!
- I always recommend the use of a slow cooker liner. Of course, this is an optional step. I like to purchase my liners in bulk for a less expensive per-piece price. Here are the liners I buy.
- In the market for a new slow cooker? Here is the one I am currently lusting after.
Lazy Chicken and Corn Soup
- 6qt slow cooker
- measuring spoons and cups
- can opener
- slowcooker liner (optional)
- 2 Pieces skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 - 12 oz can creamed corn (with liquid)
- 1 - 12 oz can corn (drained)
- 1.5 tbsp sesame oil
- 1.5 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp chopped frozen or fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp Tabasco Green Pepper Sauce
- 8 cups chicken stock or broth
- 5 oz fine egg noodles
- Place oil and garlic in the slow cooker to warm up while you gather other ingredients
- Add chicken, onion powder, drained corn, creamed corn with liquid, cilantro, chicken stock and green pepper sauce
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours
- Any time after 5 hours, remove chicken, shred and return shredded chicken to pot
- About half an hour or so before serving, add pasta.
Great Crockpot Soups!
- Tomato Soup
- Dairy Free Cream Of Mushroom Soup
- Lemon Chicken & Rice Soup
- Turkey Sausage & Tortellini Soup
- Chicken Noodle Soup
Check out or our Facebook group for tons of great slow cooker ideas: Simply Slow Cooker/Crockpot Recipes*This post contains Amazon Affiliate links. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This helps to offset the costs of running this website. **Please note that all nutritional, serving size and calorie information is estimated and based solely on the ingredients used, not the offered replacement options or any other substitutions.