Slow cooker chocolate peanut butter spoon brownies are all that and more. This warm gooey creation is filled with fudgy brownie and lots of peanut butter. It just doesn't get much better than this! Top with ice cream for a heavenly treat!
I am sitting down to write this recipe and drooling at the memory of it. It is THAT good.
In fact, I think I am going to have to make it again….. Tonight! Practice makes perfect and where this great recipe is concerned, the more I "practice" the happier I am!
Are you a chocolate lover or peanut butter fan (or both!)? This will quickly become one of your favorite crockpot recipes.
It is a decadent dessert made with just a few simple ingredients. My idea of the perfect recipe!
📝Shopping listJump to recipe card for exact details
To make these amazing slow cooker peanut butter brownies you will need:
- Brownie mix - and all ingredients called for on the box (usually vegetable oil, eggs, and water)
- Caramel syrup
- Creamy peanut butter
- Peanut butter baking chips
Did I make your mouth water yet?
In a large bowl, mix the brownie batter according to the instructions on the package. Add the caramel sauce into the batter mixture and stir to combine. Pour this mixture into your well-greased/sprayed (or lined) slow cooker.
Place spoonfuls of peanut butter, one spoonful at a time, into various spots around the batter. A cookie dough scoop works well for this task.
These peanut butter clumps should be plopped right into the brownie batter in random places. Do not stir.
Sprinkle the top of the batter with peanut butter baking chips. Cover slow cooker with lid and cook on the high heat setting (low will not work well!).
Allow to cook for 3-4 hours. You will know your dish is done when you a toothpick can be poked into the center of it and come out almost clean.
To serve this amazing brownie recipe, use a big spoon to scoop dessert onto a bowl/plate and devour! It is amazing served with a glass of cold milk.
Want next-level slow cooker spoon brownies?? Add a scoop of ice cream to the top of the brownies. Drizzle ice cream with hot fudge sauce and OH MY!!
It may not be one of the pretty dessert dishes right out of your crockpot. But, it is surely one of the best! Your whole family will love this extra sweet treat! It would make a wonderful holiday dessert.
This peanut butter dessert is perfect for cocktail parties. Start off with some baba ghanoush and baked pesto brie cheese and end with this. A perfect evening of food!
While leftovers are rarely sighted in the wild, it does happen. Scoop leftovers into an airtight container and store in the refrigerator. They will stay good for several days this way.
If you would rather not refrigerate, this dish can be stored in a cool place. However, it may not last as long.
😉Hints & hacks
- I haven't tried this slow cooker spoon brownie with crunchy peanut butter. But, what could be bad? If you try it, please let me know how it went in the comment section below.
- I love making these chocolate peanut butter brownies in my casserole crock pot (although it works well in an oval slow cooker too).
- If your slow cooker doesn't cook evenly (as most don't) about ½ way through cooking time, lift the ceramic insert carefully out of the heating element and rotate 180º prior to placing it back down. This will allow the contents of the brownies to have equal access to the hotter side of your slow cooker.
- To make clean up easier, line the slow cooker with a slow cooker liner or parchment paper.
- If you would rather not use a liner, I highly recommend using a non-stick spray.
- Serving this dish warm is best. But, it is good cold from the fridge or at room temperature too!
- I have not tried this recipe with chocolate cake mix, only brownie mix. If you try it with cake mix, I would love to hear how it goes in the comment section below!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases and affiliate links.
Slow Cooker Chocolate Peanut Butter Spoon Brownies
- measuring cups
- large spoon or rubber spatula
- slow cooker liner optional
- 1 box brownie mix and all ingredients on the box. Usually something like eggs, water and oil
- 1 cup caramel syrup
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 10 oz peanut butter chips
- vanilla ice cream optional
- if you are not using a slow cooker liner, start by spraying your slow cooker with a non-stick agent of choice
- in a separate bowl, stir together brownie mix as per the instructions on the box1 box brownie mix
- add one cup of caramel syrup into brownie mixture and stir to fully blend1 cup caramel syrup
- pour brownie/caramel syrup mixture into greased slow cooker
- drop rounded tablespoons full of peanut butter into varied places around the brownie mix
- sprinkle peanut butter chips over top of brownie/peanut mixture
- cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours
- while still warm, spoon a bunch of it into a bowl.
Check out my latest on Instagram
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
I'M IN!! SIGN ME UP FOR OCCASIONAL EMAILS FROM THE LAZY SLOW COOKER!
Leave a Reply