Slow cooker creamy vegan fiesta soup is like a party in a bowl. This thick, rich, creamy, and flavorful dish is a warm and wonderful treat filled with beans, veggies, and flavor. Yummy, easy, and worth making on repeat.
This soup is a major WOW! It is almost an oxymoron. It is creamy, cheesy, hearty, and super filling while still being dairy and meat-free. A pretty impressive feat.
This easy recipe provides a great way to warm up during the cooler months. And it is one of my personal all-time favorites. It is creamy, cheesy, and yummy yet lactose intolerant friendly so it can be enjoyed by my whole family!
List of ingredientsJump to recipe card for exact quantities
To make this easy soup recipe you will need:
- Cheddar shreds - vegan
- Mexican style blend shreds - vegan
- Vegan cream cheese
- Non-dairy milk - you can use your favorite here. My favorite is cashew-almond milk - it's super creamy
- Canned corn - drained
- Creamed corn - not drained
- Black beans - your can of black beans should also be drained
- Diced tomatoes - not drained (I use chili style)
- Mild Chilis - chopped
- Cilantro - fresh cilantro is amazing here, if possible
- Yellow Onion - chopped
- Smoked paprika
- Chili powder
This is one of the easiest soup recipes. It requires very little time to prepare. Simply add all ingredients to your crock pot. Then stir, cover, and go about your day. Cook on low for 4-6 hours. Stir again when ready to serve and dinner is done!
This hearty soup is really a full meal on its own. You can finish it off with a variety of toppings such as sliced green onions or chopped red bell pepper. A dollop of sour cream (vegan, of course) is also wonderful on top. It is thick enough to serve from a crispy tortilla bowl or a bread bowl.
If you are not looking for a vegan meal, chicken enchiladas, shredded beef tacos and rotisserie chicken all make for a great meal ad-ons.
This is one of those slow cooker recipes that is just full of flavor. However, you can choose to dial up the heat by using hot green chilies rather than mild ones. Want to dial up the heat even more? Add in some chopped jalapeno peppers. Chipotle peppers also make a great addition.
Frozen corn can be used in this simple recipe in the place of canned. Pinto beans or kidney beans can be used in place of black beans if that matches your personal preferences
Leftovers of this slow cooker taco soup can be easily stored and reheated. I like to section it into meal-sized portions and store each in an individual, airtight container. This cooked soup will last 3-4 days in the refrigerator.
It can also be frozen for several months. Upon reheating, you may find that your soup has thickened. To compensate, add in some plant-based milk or vegetable broth.
Hints & hacks
- The cooking time for this soup is pretty flexible. This makes it a great dish for nights when your diners will be eating at different times. It can stay on warm for several hours allowing everyone to have a hot meal on their own schedule.
- Looking to save extra time? You can purchase onions already chopped. They are located in the fresh or frozen section of most grocery stores.
- This is a great make-in-advance recipe. You can assemble all ingredients in a bowl or slow cooker liner the night before. In the morning, add the mixture to your slow-cooker and you are set (just don't forget to turn it on 😉
- Using a slow cooker liner makes the clean up of this easy taco soup a snap.
- In the market for a new slow cooker? I love mine!!
Slow Cooker Creamy Vegan Fiesta Soup Recipe
- 3.5 quart slow cooker or larger
- Mixing Spoon
- 7 oz Cheddar vegan cheese, shredded
- 7 oz Mexican style blend vegan cheese, shredded
- 8 oz Vegan cream cheese
- ½ cup dairy-free milk I use cashew almond milk
- 15 oz corn drained
- 15 oz creamed corn
- 15 oz black beans drained
- 14.5 oz diced tomatoes with all liquid
- 8 oz chopped chili peppers I use mild, but hot works too
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika can substitute with regular paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ cup + fresh cilantro chopped
- Add all ingredients to slow cooker7 oz Cheddar vegan cheese, shredded, 7 oz Mexican style blend vegan cheese, shredded, 8 oz Vegan cream cheese, ½ cup dairy-free milk, 15 oz corn, 15 oz creamed corn, 15 oz black beans, 14.5 oz diced tomatoes, 8 oz chopped chili peppers, ½ cup chopped onion, 1 teaspoon cumin, 1 teaspoon smoked paprika, 1 teaspoon chili powder, ¼ cup + fresh cilantro
- stir to combine
- cover and cook on low for anywhere from 5-8 hours
- Yep - it's that easy!