Slow cooker taco soup made with ground beef, beans, corn, and the taco flavors you love gets quickly gobbled up. This simple dump-and-go recipe will become a favorite one-pot meal.
Looking for the ultimate easy dinner recipe? You have found it!! Most of the ingredients are pantry staples making it a simple recipe that can be tossed together last minute.
This delicious soup is a full meal in a bowl. It is literally THE answer to "what's for dinner" on busy weeknights. The entire family will be singing your praises when you serve this!
To make this easy meal you will need:
- Ground beef - or ground turkey
- Red onion
- Black beans - canned and drained
- Creamed corn - canned
- Diced tomatoes - canned with all liquid
- Beef broth
- Salsa - as hot or mild as you like
- Green chilies - canned, diced
- Taco seasoning - packet or homemade
Start by browning your ground meat and draining all excess grease. Cook stovetop in a large skillet OR in a crockpot! I like to use my slow cooker to brown ground beef in bulk and then freeze it in recipe-sized portions.
Spray your slow cooker with non-stick spray of choice. Next, add your cooked beef and all the remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Use a wooden spoon to give it a good stir just prior to serving and enjoy!!
One reason this hearty soup will become everyone's favorite is that each diner can customize it! All favorite taco toppings work. A sampling of some favorite ways to top this comforting soup are:
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- green onions
- a dollop of sour cream
- sliced black olives
- a squeeze of fresh lime juice
- tortilla strips
- corn chips
Tortilla chips and toasted flour tortillas made great sides. As does a fresh garden salad, rice, cauliflower rice or quinoa.
To lighten things up, substitute ground beef for ground chicken or turkey. Pinto beans or red kidney beans can be used in place of black beans in this crowd pleaser. Substituting regular canned corn or fresh corn kernels for creamed corn is also an option
Some like it hot - do you? If yes. use hot salsa and hot green chiles when making your crock pot taco soup recipe.
If you love this recipe, please let me know in the comment section below!
Store leftovers of this easy recipe in an airtight container or freezer-safe container. It will last 3-4 days in the refrigerator and up to 3 months in the freezer. This will give you perfectly simple dinners that just need to be heated up all soup season long!
😉Hints & hacks
- Onions are generally available to be purchased already cut up. They can be found in both the fresh and frozen sections of your local grocery store. Although a little pricier, using pre-cut vegetables makes this recipe extra lazy.
- This easy crock pot taco soup is a great make-in-advance recipe. You can assemble all ingredients the night before and store in the fridge.
- Lean ground beef is always my preference for slow cooker recipes. There will be much less excess grease to drain when you are finished cooking it.
- This is a great dish if your people will be eating at different times. After the cooking time, turn your slow cooker to warm. Everyone can have a hot and filling meal, no matter what time of the evening they are ready to eat.
- I always recommend the use of a slow cooker liner. Of course, this is an optional step. I like to purchase my liners in bulk for a less expensive per-piece price.
- In the market for a new slow cooker? I love mine!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases and affiliate links.
Slow Cooker Taco Soup
- 6 quart slow cooker or larger
- Knife and cutting board
- 1.5 - 2 lbs ground beef fully cooked
- 1 14.5 oz can black beans drained
- 1 14.5 oz can creamed corn
- 2 14 oz cans diced tomatoes A Rotel or other brand with onion and chilis is a bonus
- 2 4oz cans diced chilies mild or hot depending on your preference
- 1 cup salsa mild, medium or hot depending on your preference
- ½ onion diced
- ¼ cup taco seasoning or one packed if you are not making your own (see below or above for recipe)
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 3 cups beef broth
- non-stick cooking spray of choice
- If you aren't using a slow cooker liner, I always suggest spraying your slow cooker with a non-stick spray. Even with a soup like this one, it seem to make for easier clean upnon-stick cooking spray of choice
- Brown all ground beef stove top in a skilled OR in your slow cooker1.5 - 2 lbs ground beef
- add all ingredients other than broth in to your slow cooker and stir a bit to combine1 14.5 oz can black beans, 1 14.5 oz can creamed corn, 2 14 oz cans diced tomatoes, 2 4oz cans diced chilies, 1 cup salsa, ½ onion, ¼ cup taco seasoning, 1 tablespoon garlic, 1.5 - 2 lbs ground beef
- pour broth over top3 cups beef broth
- cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours
- serve and enjoy!
Check out my latest on Instagram
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
I'M IN!! SIGN ME UP FOR OCCASIONAL EMAILS FROM THE LAZY SLOW COOKER!
Gary R. says
The Lazy Slow Cooker says
Thank you! Glad to hear you loved it!