Slow cooker honey mustard chicken is a delicious and easy meal. Sweet and savory honey-mustard slow-cooked together with tender and juicy pieces of chicken. An easy staple to get on the table.
Kids are relentless. They expect to be fed dinner. Every. Single. Night! How is a well-meaning parent supposed to keep up with that sort of demand?
If you are reading this post, you have found the answer. The slow cooker is, without question, the easiest way to get dinner on the table. It turns every busy parent into a SuperParent!
Chicken is the answer!
My goal is to give busy people everywhere (not just parents) go-to dinner options. I want to make it easier to come up with varied answers to the question: What’s for dinner.
Not only will I try to provide you with lots of ways to answer that question, but I will (usually) try to keep it somewhat healthy and (always!) keep it easy.
Leftovers of crockpot honey mustard chicken seem to improve with age. This makes for amazing lunches and future dinners. You can store leftovers in an airtight container or bag. They will last 3-4 days in the refrigerator and 3-4 months in the freezer.
Try it out and I am sure will agree that it is the easiest way to make delicious honey mustard chicken!
Lazy Slow Cooker Honey Mustard Chicken Hacks:
- I used a Slow Cooker Liner which allowed for easy cleanup and storage. Click here to see my favorite kind.
- This is the ultimate dump-and-go recipe. The sauce is delicious and would go well over pasta, veggies, or even a baked potato.
- Since I have some dark and light meat-eaters on my team, I have made this with both. The pictures here show both thighs and breasts. They all cooked together for the same amount of time and were both delicious.
- The safest way to cook anything in your slow cooker is always to check the internal temperature before serving. For chicken, the recommended temperature is 165 F. If you are cooking breasts, they can dry out quickly, monitoring the internal temperature can also help avoid this. Need a meat thermometer? This one is my favorite!
Lazy Slow Cooker Honey Mustard Chicken
- 6 at slow cooker (or larger)
- measuring cups and spoons
- For easy clean up, line your pot with a slow cooker liner
- Add mustard, honey, olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic to slow cooker and stir just enough to mix
- Add chicken and toss around in the pot enough to cover it on all sides. If you want, you can do this step in advance and allow the chicken to marinate in the refridgerator for a few hours.
- Cook chicken 4-6 hours on low