The easiest way to make delicious honey mustard chickenJump to Recipe
Kids are relentless. They expect to be fed dinner. Every. Single. Night! How is a well meaning parent supposed to keep up with that sort of demand? If you are reading this post, you have found the answer. The slow cooker is, without questions, the easiest way to get dinner on the table. It turns every busy parent into: SuperParent!
My goal for this blog is to give busy people everywhere (not just parents) a go-to resource that will allow them to easily come up with varied answers to the question: What’s for dinner. Not only will I try to provide you with lots of ways to answer that question, but I will (usually) try to keep it somewhat healthy and (always!) keep it easy.
This recipe is delicious, simple and only requires a few ingredients. The leftovers seems to improve with age and make for an amazing lunch in the days following. Try it out and I am sure will agree that it is the easiest way to make delicious honey mustard chicken!
Lazy Slow Cooker Honey Mustard Chicken Hacks:
- I used a Slow Cooker Liner which allowed for easy clean up and storage. Click here to see my favorite kind.
- This is the ultimate dump and go recipe. The sauce is delicious and would go well over pasta, veggies or even a baked potato.
- Since I have some dark and light meat eaters on my team, I have made this with both. The pictures here show both thighs and breasts. The breasts were frozen, the tight were fresh. They all cooked together for the same amount of time and were both delicious.
- The safest way to cook anything is your slow cooker is alway to check the internal temperature before serving. For chicken, the recommended temperature is 165 F. If you are cooking breasts, they can dry out quickly, monitoring the internal temperature can also help avoid this. Need a meat thermometer? This one is my favorite!
Lazy Slow Cooker Honey Mustard Chicken
- 6 at slow cooker (or larger)
- measuring cups and spoons
- slow cooker liner (optional)
- 2 skinless,boneless chicken breasts You can sub this with all thighs or all breasts
- 4 chicken thighs
- ½ cup dijon mustard
- ½ cup honey
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- For easy clean up, line your pot with a slow cooker liner
- Add mustard, honey, olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic to slow cooker and stir just enough to mix
- Add chicken and toss around in the pot enough to cover it on all sides. If you want, you can do this step in advance and allow the chicken to marinate in the refridgerator for a few hours.
- Cook chicken 4-6 hours on low