Crockpot balsamic roast is the perfect dish to set up in the morning and allow to cook/marinate all day. Come home to a house that smells great and a dinner that is ready to be served!!
This one is for all the meat lovers out there. Balsamic pot roast made in a slow cooker is the perfect carnivore dish. Balsamic vinegar in the marinade combined with the low and slow cooking of a crockpot work together to make your beef fall apart tender and juicy. Oh and the flavor - yum!!
How To Make Delicious Balsamic Roast Beef
Many recipes start by searing the roast in a stove top pan first. Since this step would require washing an additional pan, I skip it. My roasts are still delicious! Just combine beef broth, balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, low sodium soy sauce, garlic, thyme and fresh ground pepper together in your crockpot. and stir. Add in your roast and top with some thickly cut carrots, parsnips and turnips. Cover and let your slow cooker do the rest!
Balsamic Roast Beef Hints and Hacks
- This easy pot roast can be served either sliced or shredded. Shredding makes for a more moist, flavorful and MUCH easier finished product!
- There are a lot of different opinions regarding the best way to shred slow cooker beef. Some people prefer to use a potato masher while others use the beaters of a handheld mixer. I am a fan of using two forks. Less dirty items to wash!
- Carrots, parsnips and turnips should be cut into larger chunks (about the size of a cherry tomato) to keep them from becoming overly mushy during cooking. Not a fan of cutting veggies? Baby carrots work here as well.
- I always recommend the use of a slow cooker liner. This is, of course, an optional step. I like to purchase my liners in bulk for a less expensive per-piece price. Here are the liners I buy.
- In the market for a new slow cooker? Here is the one I am currently lusting after.
- This is a great dish if your people will be eating at different times. After the cooking time, turn your slow cooker to low and everyone can have a warm and filling meal, no matter what time they are ready to eat.
- This dish is great served with a sides of mashed potatoes, baked potatoes, mashed cauliflower or rice.
Lazy Slow Cooker Balsamic Pot Roast
- 4 quart or larger slow cooker
- two forks to shred beef
- Knife to cut vegetables
- 2-3 lb roast The roast pictured is a bottom round roast
- 2 cups carrots, parsnips and turnips chuncks baby carrots work well too!
- 1 cup beef broth
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- ⅓ cup natural maple syrup
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon thyme
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- place slow cooker liner into slow cooker vessel if using.
- add broth, vinegar, maple syrup, soy sauce, garlic, thyme, pepper and bay leaves into slow cooker and stir
- place roast into slow cooker (It should be partially submerged in liquid)
- add vegetables on top of roast
- cover and cook 10-12 hours on low
- after cooking, meet should be tender enough to easily shred right in pot using two forks. Shred and mix meat with vegetables.
- remove bay leaves prior to serving
- great served over rice, mashed cauliflower or mashed potatoes
Great Slow Cooked Beef Dishes:
Check Out Our Facebook Page For More Slow Cooker Recipes!!
Check out my latest on Instagram