Slow cooker cheesy pierogies with kielbasa is a creamy, delicious and very simple recipe your whole family love. Soft, savory pierogies in a cheesy sauce with the delightful tang of smoked kielbasa. Downright mouthwatering!
It is no secret that easy recipes are my favorite recipes! This pierogi i kielbasa casserole is right at the top of the list. It is the ultimate set-it-and-forget it delicious meal - perfect for every busy mom.
There is so little prep involved it is almost embarrassing. But, it has so much amazing flavor, you will want to make it on repeat. It is a great way to get a full dinner on the table when you are short on time.
To make this amazing dish, you will need the following common ingredients readily available in any grocery store:
- kielbasa sausage - try it with turkey kielbasa for a healthier twist
- pierogies(frozen)* - use your favorite variety
- chicken broth* - adds depth of flavor
- cottage cheese (full fat) - enhances creaminess
- cheddar cheese(shredded) - adds cheesy, gooey goodness
- black pepper(freshly ground) - enhances flavor
- Nonstick cooking agent - prevents sticking
Exact quantities and detailed instructions can be found in the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
As with all slow cooker recipes, start by greasing your slow cooker with an oil or nonstick cooking spray. Slice your Polish sausage into ½" rounds. Add it into your slow cooker along with all ingredients other than shredded cheese.
Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours, until pierogies are soft and fully cooked. About 15 minutes prior to serving, gently stir about ⅔ of the shredded cheese into the contents of your crock pot. Top with remaining cheese, cover, and continue to cook until all cheese has melted.
Served promptly and enjoy!
Serve this delicious pierogi casserole recipe with a fresh green salad to round out your full meal. A heel of crusty bread would also be a great addition.
Some terrific garnishes for this amazing dish include sour cream and sliced green onions.
- Cheddar cheese pierogies are my family's favorites in this recipe. However, onion pierogies and Jalapeno & sharp cheddar cheese pierogies are also delicious options.
- I have only made this recipe with frozen, store-bought pierogies. If you make it with fresh or homemade pierogi, please let me know how it goes in the comment section below!
- While we prefer turkey kielbasa, smoked kielbasa and spicy kielbasa are also delicious options.
- For a richer sauce, you can substitute the cottage with 8 oz of a a block cream cheese.
If you love this recipe, please let me know in the comment section below!
Leftovers of this easy crock pot pierogi recipe should be stored in an airtight container or zip top bag, Leftovers will last 3-4 days in the refrigerator. Crockpot pierogi casserole leftovers can be frozen, but they become a bit mushy when reheated.
😉Hints & hacks
- Store leftovers in meal-sized portions for easy, next day reheat-and-eat.
- I always recommend the use of a slow cooker liner. Of course, this is an optional step. I like to purchase my liners in bulk for a less expensive per-piece price.
- In the market for a new slow cooker? I love mine!
- Always check to confirm that your slow cooker has been plugged in and properly turned on!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases and affiliate links.
Slow Cooker Pierogi And Kielbasa Casserole Recipe
- Knife and cutting board
- stirring/serving spoon
- 1 lb kielbasa sliced (I used turkey)
- 36 oz pierogi frozen
- 2 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 cup cottage cheese full fat
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- nonstick agent of choice
- grease or spray slow cooker with nonstick agentnonstick agent of choice
- add all ingredients other than cheese to slow cooker and stir to combine1 lb kielbasa, 36 oz pierogi, 2 cups chicken broth, 1 cup cottage cheese, ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until pierogies are soft and cottage cheese is fully melted
- 30 minutes prior to serving, stir in about ⅔ of the shredded cheddar. Sprinkle the rest of the cheese over the top. cover slow cooker and cook until fully melted.
- Serve and enjoy!