Indoor S'mores Dip made in your slow cooker - what could be better?!?! This any-time-of-year treat has all the gooey, sweet, rich chocolaty flavor you love about traditional s'mores. BUT - it can be made in any weather.
S'mores are a favorite summer treat. Sweet chocolate, gooey marshmallows, and crunchy graham crackers all mixed together with the fun of cooking over a fire pit.
I am not gonna lie, indoor smores will never be able to fully duplicate that experience. BUT -this easy dip recipe is the next best thing for sure! Your whole family will love the indoor version of this favorite campfire treat.
📃Shopping listJump to recipe card for exact details
To make slow cooker s'more dip, you will need these simple ingredients:
- Chocolate chips - milk chocolate or semi-sweet.
- Marshmallows - mini marshmallows are a must. if you can only get large marshmallows, they should be cut in quarters
- Graham crackers - or graham cracker sticks
- Non-stick cooking spray
🥣How to make this incredible dip
Start by generously spraying your slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. This will make all the difference when it comes time for clean-up. Next, place chocolate chips in a single layer fully covering the bottom of your slow cooker. This will probably not require that you use the entire bag of chips.
Add a single layer of mini marshmallows over the chocolate chips. Again, it should be a tightly packed, single layer but you will likely not use a whole bag of marshmallows. Place cover on the slow cooker and cook on high.
After about an hour, you will want to occasionally check in to see how your smores dip recipe is going. You will know your dip is ready to serve when the top resembles one large melted marshmallow. Serve promptly and watch it disappear!
Of course, you will want to serve some crispy graham crackers or sticks alongside your easy s'mores dip. Scooping up a big batch of melted chocolate and fluffy marshmallow is the stuff dreams are made of!
If you prefer to be a little less traditional, some other fun slow-cooker dessert dip scoops include:
- vanilla wafers
- apple slices
- chocolate chip cookies
- potato chips
- fresh fruit such as strawberries or bananas
I generally serve this fun treat right out of the slow cooker. A shallow slow slow cooker such as a casserole style works really well for dessert dips but is not necessary.
This is a great treat to serve for everything from family movie night to a sleepover party! We like to serve it right after some hot dog pull-aparts and popcorn, Although this easy recipe is generally associated with summer, it is a wonderful, warm indoor treat in colder months.
Leftovers of this perfect dessert dip are rare. If you do have some, they can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to a week.
- If you are a fan, you can substitute semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips for milk chocolate.
- White chocolate chips would also make a good substitution.
- You can swap out chocolate chips with Hershey's chocolate bars if you prefer. Just line the bottom of your slow cooker with bars rather than chips.
- I haven't personally tried this with Reese's Peanut Butter Cups in place of the chocolate chips, but I plan too soon!! If you try this combo, please share your thoughts in the comment section below!
- Drizzle some caramel or chocolate sauce on top to take this gooey dip to even higher heights.
If you love this recipe, please let me know in the comment section below!
😉Hints & hacks
- Each crockpot is different. The thing you need to be most concerned with is the chocolate burning on the bottom. The first time you make this, you will need to pay the most attention to find out the exact best time for your slow cooker.
- If you plan to serve out of your slow cooker, beware that the pot will be HOT! A pot holder is a must!
- Slow cooker liners work really well for this recipe. This is, of course, an optional step. I like to purchase my liners in bulk for a less expensive per-piece price
- In the market for a new slow cooker? Here is my favorite!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases and affiliate links.
Slow Cooker Indoor S'mores Dip
- 3.5 quart slow cooker or larger A rectangular or casserole crock pot is great, but not necessary
- 1 12 oz bag milk chocolate chips OR 6-7 full sized milk chocolate Hershey bars
- 1 10 oz bag mini marshmallows
- 1 14 oz box graham crackers for dipping
- Fruit pieces (optional)
- line slow cooker with slow cooker liner OR spray with non-stick cooking spray
- cover the bottom of your slow cooker with a single layer of chocolate chips or Hershey bar pieces1 12 oz bag milk chocolate chips
- top with a single layer of mini marshmallows
- cover and cook on low for 1-2 hours. when marshmallows have melted together, your dish is ready to serve
- serve with graham crackers or fruit for dipping and ENJOY!!!