Slow Cooker Strawberry White Hot Chocolate is a luxurious treat. This easy recipe turns white chocolate and strawberry syrup into a decadent beverage. It is an amazing twist on a classic favorite that is perfect for everything from snow days to special occasions. And don't forget - Valentine's Day!
To make this decadent homemade hot chocolate recipe you will need these simple ingredients:
- whole milk
- sweetened condensed milk
- white chocolate chips
- strawberry syrup
- strawberry extract
- whipped cream - (optional garnish)
This great recipe just involves a few simple steps:
Preparing your slow cooker
Prepare your slow cooker by coating it with a non-stick agent. Any nonstick cooking spray or oil will work. A flavor-neutral oil such as avocado oil is my choice for this recipe.
NOTE: some slow cooker inserts come with a nonstick surface. The use of a non-stick agent is still suggested. However, oil is sometimes recommended rather than spray to protect the longevity of the non-stick surface. Check your slow cooker's manual if you have any concerns.
Alternatively, you can choose to use a slow cooker liner.
Making pink hot chocolate in your crockpot is beyond easy. Just add all the items listed above (other than whipped cream) to your slow cooker. Cover and cook on low heat for 1&½ hours.
Starting at the 90-minute mark, stir your strawberry hot chocolate every 10 minutes. The chocolate chips will have started to melt on the bottom. It is important to stir/scrape the partially melted white chocolate from the bottom. If you don't mix it in, it will eventually start to burn.
Once the chips are fully melted and incorporated, you will have the most amazingly delicious treat filled with yummy strawberry flavor!
This is my favorite part! There are so many fun ways to serve this yummy hot strawberry milk drink. Some garnish suggestions are:
- Whipped cream. I have recently seen many flavors of canned whipped cream that would be perfect with this sweet drink. Marshmallow, chocolate, and even strawberry-flavored whipped cream were in my local Target.
- Homemade whipped cream - always elevates anything you add it to!
- Fresh strawberries
- Mini Marshmallows
- A dusting of Cocoa powder
- Colorful sprinkles
- Chocolate shavings
- A drizzle of chocolate or strawberry syrup (usually on top of the whipped cream!)
- For an adult option, try adding some vanilla rum or vanilla vodka to your glass 😊
One fun idea for a holiday party, tailgate, or cold weather outdoor fundraiser is to host a hot chocolate bar. This warm drink can be easily doubled for a crowd and served right out of your slow cooker. Serve it alongside regular hot chocolate, spiked hot chocolate (adults), and hot apple cider (dairy-free option).
This strawberry hot chocolate recipe is also a great addition to a kid's birthday party (Barbie Party!!). It has such a festive, bright pink color! We like to make it on snow days for a nice change from a more traditional hot chocolate recipe.
If you love this recipe, please let me know in the comment section below!
1. To change the flavor a bit, try adding a teaspoon of vanilla extract into the mix as well
2. If you aren't a fan of strawberry, skip the syrup and add vanilla extract in place of the strawberry. This will allow all the white chocolate flavors to come through for a decadently different treat.
3. Not a fan of cow's milk, try using cashew milk, oat milk, or coconut milk in its place.
4. Not loving the idea of the extra sugar in the strawberry syrup? You can skip the syrup and add two cups of fresh or frozen strawberries instead. Once all the chocolate chips have melted, use an immersion blender to fully blend the cooked, softened strawberries into your drink.
Store leftovers of your delicious slow cooker strawberry hot chocolate in an airtight container or glass jar. It will last in the refrigerator for a day or two.
😉Hints & hacks
- This creamy drink is delightfully sweet (in my opinion). If you prefer it a little less so, try substituting actual strawberries for strawberry syrup as per substitution idea #4 above.
- I am a huge fan of slow cooker liners! However, if you are serving this during a holiday season celebration, it will be more attractive looking without a liner.
- The easiest way to serve this creamy hot chocolate recipe is right out of your slow cooker using a ladle.
- The best utensils to use with a slow cooker are either wood or silicone. This is especially important if your slow cooker has a non-stick surface.
- In the market for a new slow cooker? I love mine!
- Don't forget to plug your slow cooker in and turn it on! 😏
As an Amazon Associate, I earn a small amount from qualifying purchases and affiliate links at no additional cost to you.
Slow Cooker Strawberry White Hot Chocolate Recipe
- ½ gallon full fat milk
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 12 oz white chocolate morsels
- ½ cup strawberry syrup
- 1 teaspoon strawberry extract
- whipped cream garnish optional
- add ½ gallon full fat milk,14 oz can sweetened condensed milk, 12 oz white chocolate morsels, ½ cup strawberry syrup, and 1 teaspoon strawberry extract to a greased slow cooker
- cover and cook on low for 1½ hours
- remove cover and stir well. The chocolate will melt but will be laying on the bottom. Stir to mix chocolate fully in with the liquid ingredients
- replace lid and repeat every 10 minutes until chocolate is fully melted and mixed in.
- top with whipped cream and serve and enjoy