Slow Cooker Creamy Spinach Artichoke Chicken takes everything you love about spinach artichoke dip and turns it into dinner! This creamy, delicious, and super simple meal will quickly become a family favorite!!
If you are a fan of hot spinach artichoke dip, this recipe is for you! And if you aren't - it's still for you! This creamy and delicious slow cooker chicken recipe is truly a must-try!
This amazing comfort food is a super easy meal to make. And even easier to eat.
It is one of those great recipes that works as a one pot meal or as an appetizer. It is a great way to keep the hungry troops happy!
To make this amazing crock pot spinach artichoke chicken you will need:
- boneless, skinless chicken thighs*
- marinated artichoke hearts
- garlic powder*
- cream cheese
- parmesan cheese - freshly grated parm is amazing, but pre-grated works perfectly as well
- sour cream - I use reduced fat
- shredded mozzarella cheese - freshly shredded is great, but I use the packaged kind
- dijon mustard
- fresh baby spinach leaves*
- salt and pepper
- non-stick cooking spray
**exact quantities and detailed instructions can be found in the recipe card at the bottom of the page.
Start by cutting your chicken into bite sized pieces. Next chop marinated artichokes and cut cream cheese into 1.5" blocks.
Spray your slow cooker with a non-stick cooking spray Add all ingredients into the bottom of the pan of your slow cooker, except the spinach. Cover the slow cooker and cook on high for 30 minutes. This will let the cheese melt and the cream cheese soften.
Open the lid of your crockpot and stir all ingredients to combine. Turn slow cooker down to low and replace cover. Continue the cooking process for an additional 3-4 hours or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165℉.
10 minutes prior to serving, stir in baby spinach. Allow spinach to wilt, add salt and/or black pepper to taste, if needed, and serve promptly.
We love the creamy sauce on top of slices of crusty bread or toast. It is also great scooped up with some yummy tortilla chips.
Looking for some extra flavor? Top with red pepper flakes to add some heat to your creamy spinach artichoke sauce.
If you love this recipe, please let me know in the comment section below!
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts can be used in place of thighs if you prefer. Just keep in mind that breast meat can be drier and can overcook more quickly. Thighs are much more forgiving.
- If you prefer, 3 fresh garlic cloves, minced or pressed, can be used in place of the garlic powder. Alternatively so can 1 heaping tablespoon of jarred minced garlic.
- While I much prefer fresh spinach, frozen spinach can be used as well. It should be defrosted and well drained prior to incorporating into this recipe.
Store leftovers of this great recipe in an airtight container or zipper-top bag. Your creamy spinach artichoke chicken will last for 3-4 days in the refrigerator or 3-4 months in the freezer.
😉Hints & hacks
- All slow cookers are different and may have slightly different cook times. The first time you make this dish use a meat thermometer to see when the chicken reaches 165℉. This will make your timing easier to gauge the next time you make it.
- Store leftovers of this crockpot garlic parmesan chicken in individual serving-sized containers for easy grab-and-go future meals.
- Do you like it hot? Feel free to top off your dish with a splash of sriracha or a dash of red chili pepper flakes.
- This is one of the best slow cooker recipes to use with a slow cooker liner. If you use a liner, you can skip spraying your slow cooker with non-stick spray.
- In the market for a slow cooker? I love mine!
- Pressed for time when prepping on busy weeknights? You can opt to cook your chicken as whole chicken breasts or thighs and then cut or shred before serving.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases and affiliate links.
Slow Cooker Spinach Artichoke Chicken Recipe
- cutting board and knife
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1.5 - 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs cut into bite sized pieces
- 12 oz jar marinated artichoke hearts chopped
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 oz brick cream cheese cut into 8 cubes, I use reduced fat
- 1 cup parmesan cheese shredded
- ½ cup sour cream I use reduced fat
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese shredded (i like the extra creamy, melty kind)
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 6 oz baby spinach fresh
- salt and pepper to taste if needed
- spray slow cooker liberally with non-stick cooking spray
- add all ingredients, other than spinach to slow cooker1.5 - 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs, 12 oz jar marinated artichoke hearts, 2 teaspoon garlic powder, 8 oz brick cream cheese, 1 cup parmesan cheese, ½ cup sour cream, ½ cup mozzarella cheese, 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- cover and cook on high for 30 min until all cheeses are softened or melted
- open slow cooker and stir to combine
- replace cover and cook on low for 2.5 - 4 more hours. You dish is ready for the next step with chicken pieces reach an internal temperature of 165℉
- about 10 min prior to serving, stir in spinach and allow to fully wilt
- add salt and pepper to taste if needed