Slow cooker TikTok feta pasta is a crockpot version of the internet famous recipe. This adapted and slightly tweaked version of the original is easier, cheesier and so delicious!
I know I am a little late to the game on this one. But - pasta with feta cheese and cherry tomatoes all cooked together?? This recipe just called to me! Although it has blown up rather recently, feta tomato pasta apparently has roots that go pretty deep. Various people take credit for having first made it, all from different corners of the world. You can read all about it here, if you are interested. Personally, I was just eager to try this delicious sounding combo in my slow cooker (and more than a little annoyed with myself for not thinking to combine these ingredients years ago. It just seems so obviously wonderful).
- Pasta (cooked according to the package)
- grape or cherry tomatoes
- Italian seasoning
- minced garlic
- feta cheese
- goat cheese
- olive oil
- fresh ground pepper
- fresh basil
- Salt (optional)
If you like to use a liner or parchment paper in your slow cooker to allow for easier clean up, that is always the first step. I general use a liner, but didn’t this time and am thrilled to report that it was a super easy one to clean up!
Next, wash off the grape tomatoes and dry them as well as you can. Add the tomatoes into your slow cooker. Sprinkle the Italian seasonings and minced garlic over the tomatoes. Your cheeses are the next two items to add in. I used blocks of each cheese, but crumbles, or smaller pieces, would work as well. Drizzle olive oil over the cheese and tomatoes, and sprinkle fresh ground pepper and freshly chopped basil on top. Cover and cook on high for about 4 hours.
Towards the end of the cooking time, make pasta according to the al dente instructions on the package and drain thoroughly.
After cooking time, remove the lid and stir all ingredients. These cheeses will not be melted, but will be soft and gooey and will mix very well with the tomatoes. To make a sauce, you will want to use the back of a spoon to squash any tomatoes that have not burst on their own during cooking (this was a fun step and might be a great thing for older children....the tomatoes that remained whole made a very satisfy “pop” when squished!).
Add in cooked pasta and stir to fully combine all ingredients. If you feel your dish could use salt, you can add it here. Re-cover slow cooker and turn down to warm until you are ready to serve.
TikTok feta pasta is delicious on its own! However, it would go really well with a Caesar or garden salad. If you are cooking for a larger group, it would make a terrific side dish for a chicken or salmon entree. If you have two slow cookers, I could see serving it alongside The Lazy Slow Cooker Salmon.
😉Hints & hacks
- This TikTok pasta recipe is great if your people will be eating a different times. It can be kept on your slow cooker's warm setting for over an hour and be ready to serve multiple hot dinner seatings.
- Leftovers reheat really well in the oven or microwave.
- This is a great dish for the casserole crockpot!
- I always recommend the use of a slow cooker liner. Of course, this is an optional step. I like to purchase my liners in bulk for a less expensive per-piece price. Here are the liners I buy.
- Not a fan of slow cooker liners? Parchment paper also works with this recipe and will leave you with virtually zero slow cooker clean up.
- In the market for a new slow cooker? Here is the one I am currently lusting after!
❓Frequently asked questions
Although you can't really count on leftovers with a dish this yummy, if you do find yourself having some left at the end of your meal, you can keep it in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Leftovers should last for 2-3 days and can be reheated in the microwave or eaten cold.
This is not a great dish to freeze. The pasta will be mushy and the cheese will separate when frozen.
The goat cheese added to this recipe makes it creamier and does change the flavor a bit. If you don't want to include it, you can just double up on the feta cheese instead.
Any medium sized pasta would work well with TikTok feta pasta. Some suggestions (in addition to the bow tie (Farfalle) pasta used above) are: fusilli, orecchiette, ziti and rotelli. All would work really well and hold on the cheese and tomatoes nicely.
More delicious recipes with pasta
Lazy Slow Cooker TikTok Feta Pasta Recipe
- 3.5 quart slow cooker or larger
- slow cooker liner (optional)
- Large spoon
- measuring spoons and cups
- 20 oz grape or cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 8 oz block feta cheese
- 10.5 oz Log goat cheese
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- ¼ cup freshly chopped basil
- salt to taste
- 16 oz cooked pasta
- Place liner in slow cooker, if using
- Add cherry tomatoes to slow cooker
- Sprinkle seasonings over tomatoes
- Add block of feta chees and goat cheese log into slow cooker
- Drizzle olive oil over all ingredients
- Top mixture with fresh ground pepper
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours
- Remove lid and use the back of a large mixing spoon to “pop” and remaining whole tomatoes
- Stir all ingredients together until well mixed
- Add in cooked pasta and stir until pasta is fully integrated
- Salt to taste, if needed
- Serve warm and enjoy
Check us out on Instagram!
Check out my latest on Instagram