Slow Cooker turkey meatball soup is an easy one-pot wonder. A delicious broth filled with meatballs and vegetables. Next time you are stumped about what to make for dinner, this is the answer!
There is one given when it comes to slow cooker meals: they don't look great in photographs. Just check out Instagram, for example. Rarely are there drool-worthy glamour shots of a pot of food that has been cooking away all day. BUT - that doesn't mean it isn't delicious.
This dish is a perfect example. When it is all swirling around in your crock pot, it may not look worthy of a food magazine cover. But serve up these flavorful meatballs and soup in a bowl. Maybe add some crackers or a dusting of parmesan cheese and wham - a crowd pleaser is born!
This great recipe also has the distinction of being one of those healthy recipes you won't have to beg people to eat. Fresh herbs, lean ground turkey meatballs, and flavorful broth all make this a dish the whole family will love.
📝Shopping ListJump to Recipe for exact quantities
To make this Italian meatball soup recipe you will need:
- Frozen turkey meatballs - Italian. Full-sized or mini meatballs
- Frozen vegetables - Italian blend or similar
- Canned diced tomatoes - onion and garlic blend works really well
- Beef broth - you can use low sodium broth or chicken broth if your prefer
- Rosemary - fresh, if possible
- Thyme - fresh, if possible
- Salt and black pepper - to taste
🥣How to assemble
This slow cooker soup is almost embarrassingly easy to make. Start by adding your Italian meatballs, mixed vegetables, diced tomatoes (with all juices).
Sprinkle with oregano (and rosemary and thyme, if using dried) and cover with beef broth. If you are using fresh herbs, lay them on top of your mixture. Cover and walk away!
Pro-tip: You can substitute all of the above seasonings with 1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning.
This is one of those easy recipes that is also super flexible. You can technically serve it as soon as the meatballs and vegetables are cooked all the way through. So if a dish that is ready to serve in 3 - 4 hours works better with your timing, this will work.
However, cooking for 8 per the original recipe yields tender meatballs and allows the robust flavors to meld together.
I love to serve this delicious recipe with a crisp side salad and a warm loaf of crusty bread or dinner rolls. Garlic bread is great too. A small pasta bowl or bowl of rice also pairs perfectly as does a glass of red wine 😉
This warm and comforting soup stores really well in both the refrigerator and the freezer. Store individual servings in an airtight container. This will allow for easy reheat-and-eat future meals. It will last for 3-4 days in the refrigerator and 3-4 months in the freezer.
Yes! To make this dish spicier, add some crushed red pepper in along with the other seasonings.
No! Beef or chicken meatballs are great in this soup too.
😉Hints & Hacks
- Looking to make this complete meal even heartier? Add in some uncooked, frozen ravioli (or any other type of pasta) during the last 30 minutes of cooking.
- To spruce this dish up even further, you can add some sliced red peppers or fresh spinach leaves during the last half hour of cooking.
- One really good thing about this recipe is that you can store all the ingredients for longer periods of time. It is a great one to keep stocked in your freezer/pantry for a "rainy day"! Perfect for those who like to meal plan in advance.
- This dish will stay wonderful for several hours on the warm setting. This makes it a great meal to make if your diners will be eating at different times.
- I always recommend the use of a slow cooker liner. Of course, this is an optional step. I like to purchase my liners in bulk for a less expensive per-piece price. Here are the liners I buy.
- In the market for a new slow cooker? Here is the one I am currently lusting after.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases and affiliate links.
Lazy Slow Cooker Turkey Meatball Soup Recipe
- 6 quart slow cooker
- 12-16 oz Frozen Turkey Meatballs Italian blend
- 16 oz frozen Italian blend vegetables You can switch the type of veggies to suit your preferences
- 2 14 oz diced tomato with roasted onion and garlic plain diced tomato will work too
- 6 cups beef broth
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add frozen vegetables, turkey meatballs and diced tomatoes (Including juice in can) to pot.12-16 oz Frozen Turkey Meatballs, 2 14 oz diced tomato with roasted onion and garlic, 16 oz frozen Italian blend vegetables
- Sprinkle oregano over contents and then our beef broth over entire mixture6 cups beef broth, 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Place rosemary and thyme gently on top1 teaspoon dried oregano, 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- Cover and cook for up 8 - 10 hours on low.
- Keep warm until ready to serve!
Check out my latest on Instagram
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
I'M IN!! SIGN ME UP FOR OCCASIONAL EMAILS FROM THE LAZY SLOW COOKER!
Leave a Reply