Slow Cooker Turkey burger soup is a delicious crockpot meal made with ground turkey, mushrooms, onions, chickpeas and corn together in a light broth . This winning combination is a full meal-in-a-bowl.
Soup may be the most versatile dish. It can be an appetizer, side dish or main entree. It works well for dinner, lunch, brunch or even a snack.
Soup is comforting when you need it but can also be energy boosting, based on the ingredients. It is can be an inexpensive way to fill many bellies or can be loaded with rare and exotic items.
It fits in well everywhere from an afternoon spent in from of the TV to a black tie gala. This soup falls into the "great any night of the week" category.
How To Make Soup With Ground Turkey
To make this amazingly easy soup, you will need:
- browned ground turkey
- mushroom, onion or beef stock
- canned mushrooms, drained
- corn kernels
- tomato sauce
- green pepper sauce
- salt and pepper
To make turkey burger soup, you will first need to cook the ground turkey. This can be done two ways. You can cook it stove top or, if you are ultra lazy like me, you can cook it right in your slow cooker.
To keep things as easy as possible, I use my crockpot to brown large quantities of ground turkey and/or beef at a time (I do not have a slow cooker with a browning setting). I then freeze the cooked meats in meal sized containers for use in future recipes. Either way, be sure to drain off the fat prior to using it in your soup.
From here, you are pretty much just assembling the remaining ingredients and letting your crockpot work it's magic. Add mushrooms, corn, tomato sauce, chickpeas, celery, onion, garlic, green pepper sauce, salt, pepper, stock and ground turkey to your slow cooker.
Give all your ingredients at quick stir, cover, turn your crockpot on the low setting and go about your day. Expect delicious smells to start wafting through your house 2-3 hours into cooking!
If you love this recipe, please let me know in the comment section below!
How To Serve This Easy Homemade Soup Recipe
This soup contains so many delicious ingredients that it is really a full meal on its own. It is great served with a cold, crisp side salad to balance out the temperature and a crusty roll (which is great dipped into the soup). It also goes very well with a cold sandwich such as tuna salad or egg salad. Cracker are a great side addition as well.
This is a great make ahead and freeze dish. I freeze leftovers in meal sized containers for quick heat and reheat meals on those nights when planning ahead isn't possible. It is also the perfect soup to make and freeze if you are preparing dishes to share with others outside of your household
Easy Crockpot Soup Hints And Hacks
- This easy turkey burger soup recipe calls for diced celery and onion. To keep things extra lazy, you can buy prepackaged cut celery and onion. Both fresh or frozen work equally well. Because I am always looking for shortcuts, I cut up celery and onion in advance and freeze it just so I always have it on hand for dishes like this one.
- This is a great dish if your people will be eating at different times. After the cooking time, turn your slow cooker to warm (or have it automatically switch to warm if you slow cooker has this feature) and everyone can have a hot and filling meal, no matter what time they are ready to eat.
- This is a great freezer soup. I like to freeze leftovers in meal sized portions for easy reheat-and-eat at a later time.
- I always recommend the use of a slow cooker liner. Of course, this is an optional step. I like to purchase my liners in bulk for a less expensive per-piece price.
- In the market for a new slow cooker? I love mine.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases and affiliate links.
Lazy Turkey Burger Soup
- 4 quart slow cooker or larger
- Mixing Spoon
- 12 oz browned ground turkey
- 4 cups mushroom or beef stock
- 2 large celery stalks, diced Frozen or fresh both work well here
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1.5 cups corn
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas, drained
- 1 15 oz can sliced mushrooms or mushroom pieces
- 1 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ½ tablespoon green Tabasco sauce
- ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper
- place all ingredients into slow cooker12 oz browned ground turkey, 4 cups mushroom or beef stock, 2 large celery stalks, diced, 1 medium onion, diced, 1.5 cups corn, 1 15 oz can chickpeas, drained, 1 15 oz can sliced mushrooms or mushroom pieces, 1 15 oz can tomato sauce, 1 tablespoon minced garlic, ½ tablespoon green Tabasco sauce, ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper
- stir and cover
- cook on low 6-8 hours