Flavorful crockpot chicken tacos make for an easy dinner any night of the week. Serve in crunchy or soft taco shells or even lettuce cups along with your favorite toppings for an easy-pleaser dish!
Hey, I get it. You are busy! Sometimes life just takes on a life of its own and it is hard to keep up. But, at the end of a busy day, there is almost nothing better than a home-cooked meal. This dish lets you put a hot meal on the dinner table that will be loved by (just about) everyone.
How To Make Crockpot Pulled Chicken Tacos
This amazing four-ingredient recipe is easy. Period! Place raw chicken breasts, taco seasoning (homemade and store-bought both work!) salsa, and minced garlic in your slow cooker. Turn that thing on and let it work its magic.
After 5 hours or so, remove the chicken, and shred it. Return shredded chicken to pot and stir with juices. Serve with crunchy taco shells, soft taco shells, taco bowls, lettuce cups, or just about anything else that sounds tasty to you.
Some great topping suggestions:
- sour cream
- shredded cheese
- refried beans
- diced tomatoes
- chili peppers
- shredded lettuce
- black beans
- spicy salsa
The list goes on and on!
Crockpot Chicken Hints and Hacks
- There are a lot of different opinions regarding the best way to shred chicken. Some people prefer to use a potato masher while others use the beaters of a handheld mixer. This chicken will be so tender it will be very easy to shred with two forks. Keeping it simple!
- I always recommend the use of a slow cooker liner. Of course, this is an optional step. I like to purchase my liners in bulk for a less expensive per-piece price. Here are the liners I buy.
- In the market for a new slow cooker? Here is the one I am currently lusting after.
- This is a great dish if your people will be eating at different times. After the cooking time, turn your slow cooker to low and everyone can have a warm and filling meal, no matter what time they are ready to eat.
- Shredded chicken taco leftovers freeze really well for quick heat 'n eat meals in the future. I like to freeze leftovers in single-serving sized portions.
- Taco bowls like the one in the photo can be found here.
Lazy Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos
- 4 chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoon taco seasoning see notes below for homemade taco seasoning recipe
- 2 cups salsa
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- place slow cooker liner in vessel, if using
- add chicken breast to slow cooker
- add salsa and garlic over top of chicken breasts
- sprinkle taco seasoning on top of salsa
- cook on low 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours The best way to confirm that chicken is fully cooked is by using a meat thermometer. Chicken is safe to eat when it reaches an internal temperature of 165º F
- after chicken is cooked through, remove from the slow cooker. Place on a plate and shred using two forks to pull apart.
- return chicken to slow cooker and mix with spices/juices in vessel.
- Keep on warm until ready to serve.
- 4 tablespoon chili powder
- 1.5 tablespoon cumin
- 1.5 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
Easy Crockpot Chicken Recipes
Check Out Our Facebook Page For More Slow Cooker Recipes!!