Lazy Slow Cooker Pepper Steak
Delicious crockpot pepper steak is an easy recipe that turns any cut of beef into an amazing meal. Red, yellow and green peppers slow cooked together with beef strips meld together into a savory delight.
- 2 lb beef strips or stew meat or steak cuts that can be cut into strips I have made this with both eye of round roast steaks and chuck steaks
- 2 cups beef stock
- 14 oz yellow, red and green frozen pepper strips if you would prefer to use fresh peppers - 1 large pepper of each color, cut into strips
- 1 cup diced onion frozen works here as well
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce for gluten free, use liquid aminos
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2½ teaspoon brown sugar for sugar free, you can use a brown sugar alternative such as Swerve.
- ⅓ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
place slow cooker liner into slow cooker, if using
add stock, onion, soy sauce (or alternative), ginger, garlic, brown sugar and black pepper to slow cooker and stir
place beef into slow cooker
top with pepper strips
cover and cook on low 8-10 hours
after at least 6 hours, remove beef (if it is not already cut) and cut into strips, then return to slow cooker mixture and finish cooking.