Slow Cooker Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Overnight Oatmeal Reipe
Easy oatmeal that cooks overnight in your slow cooker. Dairy free and sugar free instructions included
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 4 cups milk of choice I use cashew/almond milk, Dairy and non-dairy both work
- ¼ cup butter or butter like product of choice I use Smart Balance Olive Oil buttery spread
- ⅓ cup brown sugar of choice I am a huge fan of Swerve (see "hacks" above for link)
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch salt
- mini chocolate chips (personal preference on just how much to add!) If you want to keep it sugar free choose sugar free chocolate chips. (see hacks for a suggestion). Calories per serving were estimated assuming ¼ cup of mini chocolate chips were used
Spray slow cooker with non-stick spray
place oats slow cooker
1 cup steel cut oats
add butter (or alternative), sugar (or alternative), maple syrup, vanilla and salt
¼ cup butter or butter like product of choice, ⅓ cup brown sugar of choice, 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup, 1 teaspoon vanilla, pinch salt
pour milk (or alternative) over top of other ingredients and gently stir. ingredients will not fully mix at this point
4 cups milk of choice
set slow cooker on warm for up to 12 hours
stir well before serving
remove some oats from pot an let cook a bit if you don't want your chocolate chips to fully melt right in. Add chocolate chips to taste (for me, that means by the handful!) and stir. Then add some more chocolate chips on top!
Store leftovers in refrigerator up to 5 days in a sealed container
Ingredient swapping notes:
- This recipe calls for milk. You can use dairy, lactose free, almond, oat or any other "milk" of your choosing. I use cashew-almond milk.
- One of the listed ingredients is butter or a butter like product. I use Smart Balance Olive Oil spread
- One of the sweeteners says " brown sugar of choice". I have made this recipe with actual granulated sugar and with Swerve (which is erythritol and is a one for one substitute with actual brown sugar). I am imagine this would taste great with some of the other sweeteners on the market, however, it may change the consistency somewhat since different measurements would have to be used.
- Calories per serving are based up my using the ingredients I indicated I have used and ¼ cup chocolate chips.
Calories: 377kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Sodium: 464mg | Potassium: 43mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 21g | Vitamin A: 507IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 345mg | Iron: 2mg