Lazy Lentil Hot-Dog Soup
Heathy lentil soup filled with flavorful hotdogs.
- 2 cups lentils Use strainer to rinse, sort and remove any stones
- 6 cups chicken stock or broth
- 1 14 oz can diced tomato
- 1 12 oz bag frozen mierpoix fresh equivalent= 1 small onion, 2 carrots and 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoon salt optional
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon hot pepper sauce I like Tabasco green sauce. Not too hot.
- 1 Bay leaf
- 4 jumbo Hot dogs, sliced I am a fan of Hebrew National, all beef dogs
I always recommend using a slow cooker liner for easiest clean up!
Add all ingredients into slow cooker and stir lightly to mix
Cook on low for 8-10 hours or until all lentils are soft.
Be sure to remove bay leaf before serving.