Slow Cooker Unstuffed Pepper Soup Recipe
Slow cooker unstuffed peppers soup is the perfect, easy, one-pot meal that you will want on your dinner table often! This wonderful dish is filled with savory ground beef, flavorful peppers, and tomato-y goodness.
Servings: 6 Servings
- 1.5 - 2 lbs ground beef browned, fat drained
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2-3 cups chopped peppers Red, green, orange or yellow all work
- 1 20 oz can tomato sauce
- 2 14 oz cans diced tomatoes canned (roasted garlic and onion flavored works well)
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- fresh cilantro and shredded Monterey Jack cheese for topping optional
Add ground beef, onions, peppers, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, diced tomatoes, and black pepper to slow cooker
1.5 - 2 lbs ground beef, 1 small onion, 2-3 cups chopped peppers, 1 tablespoon minced garlic, 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, ¼ teaspoon fresh ground pepper, 2 14 oz cans diced tomatoes
pour tomato sauce and beef broth over all ingredients and stir to combine.
1 20 oz can tomato sauce, 2 cups beef broth
cover and cook on low for 5-7 hours
about 30 minutes prior to serving, remove lid and stir in rice. re-cover and allow to cook until it is time to serve.
(optional step) When you are ready to serve, spoon in to individual bowls and top with shredded Monterey Jack cheese - allowing cheese to melt on top. Place a piece of fresh cilantro on top for garnish.
fresh cilantro and shredded Monterey Jack cheese for topping
- Nutritional facts do not include cheese topping
- While this dish will last well for several hours on the warm setting of your slow cooker, please keep in mind that rice will start to break down and become a little mushier over time. (We like it this way!) However, if your diners will be eating at different times, and they aren't fans of softer rice, you can add rice into each individual bowl just before serving.
Calories: 388kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 81mg | Sodium: 406mg | Potassium: 525mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1559IU | Vitamin C: 65mg | Calcium: 45mg | Iron: 3mg