Lazy dairy free cream of mushroom soup
Easy, dairy free cream of mushroom soup made in your slow cooker
- ¾ cup chopped onion (I used frozen)
- 4 cloves roasted garlic (I used frozen)
- 5 large slices dried shiitake mushroom (or about ½ cup dried mushroom pieces)
- 2 Eight oz cans button sliced mushrooms, drained
- 6 cups chicken or vegetable stock or broth
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- ½ cup white wine - not too sweet I used a Sauvignon blanc
- 1.5 cups unflavored dairy free creamer I love Nutpods
- .25 cups potato starch
place onion, garlic, dried and canned mushrooms and tarragon into pot
add chicken stock and wine and stir
cook on low for 6-7 hours
about 1 hour before serving, mix 1½ cups non dairy creamer (Nutpods Original is my preference) with ¼ cup corn starch and whisk together. Add mixture slowly into slow cooker post. Allow to cook at least another hour before serving.
Before serving, use Immersion blender (or carefully pour soup into a counter top blender) and blend to desired creaminess. I like mushroom chunks in my soup, so I am careful not to over blend.
Serve and enjoy!
Calories: 222kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Sodium: 1370mg | Potassium: 667mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 42IU | Vitamin C: 29mg | Calcium: 57mg | Iron: 1mg